Karaoke Lap Top Question

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Midnight Karaoke

Karaoke Lap Top Question

Post by Midnight Karaoke »

We would be very interested to hear from other KJ` s about which Lap Top they are using for their Karaoke Shows and how happy they are with the Lap Top. We have a Lenovo, and not all that crazy about it. Thanks in Advance.

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

How long is a piece of string???

Ask 20 different people about the equipment they use and you'll get 20 different answers.

I'd imagine that anyone who isn't a total geek will simply choose the best laptop they can get for the money they have to spend at the time they want it.

What software are YOU running and are you perhaps asking the machine to do too much simultaneously?

I know one KJ who runs Karma, a different program for background music, a web browser and half a dozen other apps and wonders why his laptop ties itself in knots periodically.

Sandy.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Midnight Karaoke

Post by Midnight Karaoke »

Running Just Compuhost and V2 Fastracks Song Book. No extra programs running but on our first show laptop froze up twice.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

There will always be issues between software and hardware.

I have a Dell...not my first choice but...It's working fine. I have the Pioneer laser discs on my hard drive..These are massice MP4 files because they have a full video running along with the words and music. To run them in Sax & Dottys without the video glitching and jumping and freezing takes a massive processor and a lot of memory. Is you laptop using big enough stuff? Bigger is always better...ask any woman... :oops:

First I would check with the hoster company for whatever you're using to play the songs and see if they can tell you or help you figure out if it's a compatability issue.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

That's why testing before hand is important. Before I decided to buy the laptops I have I had to make sure they would run without issues. Fortunately I just happened to have a laptop here that was big enough to do it. So buying one was easier because I knew the size I had to be at or above to run without isses.

Plus I bought the best video card and best sound card available at the time.

You could be having "Shortage" issues from inferior/inadequate cards. CHEAP is never the best option. My laptops were $1500 each and that was the best I could buy from Dell at the time. If you want to make money doing karaoke and not look unprofessional....my advice is cheap won't cut it. Nothing I use is cheap...and it has paid off in the last 20 years. Looking professional is the biggest part of your reputation. That's how you get jobs. Screw it up and sit at home....