creating mp3+g problem

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
steve747

creating mp3+g problem

Post by steve747 »

Hello. I have created a karaoke song using Power karaoke. It seems to be saved as .bin file which is about 35mb. I think I need to save it as a mp3+G to use it from a USB stick. There is an option in power karaoke, under tools I think to do this, however it still seems to stay as a .bin file. Any suggestions? Thanks

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

To save a new song... under Create and then Create CD+G File select CDG as the output type. To convert a BIN file to CDG... under Toolbox select BIN -> WAV+CDG

Now there is one more issue. You probably already know that an MP3+G consists of two files... CDG and MP3. Karaoke CD+G Creator does not create MP3 files so instead creates CDG and WAV files. Unless your player supports CDG+WAV you are going to need to convert the WAV file to MP3.

There are plenty of freeware audio converters available. There is an easy to use one actually called Free Audio Converter. When you convert the WAV file to MP3 make sure that you save it to the same folder that the WAV file is in and that the file name of the MP3 remains exactly the same as the WAV file (except that it will have a .mp3 file extension). After you create the MP3 the WAV file can be deleted.
steve747

Post by steve747 »

Hello. Your suggestion seems to have worked. I have 2 more questions #1 How do I create a nice graphic at the beginning of the song similiar to sunfly or zoom etc etc also in the middle there is a break of about 4 bars. How do I add say dots or squares indicating bars? #2 How do I burn these mp3+G songs to a CD or DVD? Thanks
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

You can use any paint program to create a 300×216 pixel image. Keep in mind that the CD+G format supports only 16 colors so don't try to use photos or other high color images.

I don't actually use Karaoke CD+G Creator but I did try it out. I'm not sure about adding dots or squares but I would imagine that you would use keyboard characters like dashes - asterisks * or hash marks #.

Tot create CD+G disc from the MP3+G files you will need a program like Power CD+G Burner which uses standard CD-R media.
bandleader98

Post by bandleader98 »

There is a small piece of software that when installed into windows acts as a shell. Will do all manner of combinations of conversions. http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Too ... oolz.shtml