Karaoke Player and Creator Software Suggestions?

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
SanDiegoKaraoke

Karaoke Player and Creator Software Suggestions?

Post by SanDiegoKaraoke »

Background: New to karaoke. College computer programming teacher; fairly software/computer proficient. The songs I like best are obscure. (e.g. except for the top 5 Kris Kristofferson songs which are readily available, his other 40 favorites of mine don't seem to be out there.) This tells me I need to make my own karaoke. I've used audio and video editors some, so should be OK with most software.

Three questions:

1. What is the best way to cut my own karaoke tracks?

2. What software (or set of programs) would be best for playing karaoke?
I have many songs, so a database with good search capability is a must.
Ability to make playlists and burn them to CD important.
A friend has EpicVJ, which I like, but I don't see it online anywhere.
I presume all good packages have good rip/burn/copy features.
I plan to use my computer, which has an above average audio system, and don't plan in the near future on spending big bucks for electronic/audio components.

3. And combining #1 and #2 above, is there a software or combination that is best when wanting to create AND play karaoke?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Welcome to the forum!

You will run into one big obstacle right off and that is finding quality audio backing tracks for your karaoke songs. Vocal remover software works on only some recordings and always degrade the audio quality to some degree. You can locate some backing tracks online for a reasonable price but these are typically of popular songs that already exist as karaoke. Having backing tracks created can be very expensive.

Once you have good backing tracks, creating CD+G song tracks is not that difficult. There are several applications available for this. My favorite is Karaoke Home Producer while some others here prefer Karaoke CD+G Creator. The process of both is to import a lyrics text file and manually synchronize them with a backing track. The saved CD+G song track can be used to create a CD+G disc with the Power CD+G Burner software.

For organizing and playing your song files you should go with a karaoke hosting application that allows you to import your songs into a database and has features like song search, digital key control, and singer history. My preferred hosting software is JustKaraoke. Others here have their own preference which you will most like find out soon.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
SanDiegoKaraoke

Post by SanDiegoKaraoke »

Thanks!! I'll check these out.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I find Karaoke CD+G creator to be much easier to understand than Karaoke Home Producer as the creator program has a wizard that takes you through the process of creating the track.

As for playing I like JustKaraoke, it just doesn't offer me the ability to add songs on the go without being hooked up to the internet when doing so. That is why I prefer Compuhost. It's more expensive ($179.99) vs (49.99) but with it's features and the ability, provided you have a compatible drive, to play discs and add it to your que makes Compuhost's cost worthwhile. Did I mention you can unlock new songs offline?