Zoom Music

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Here look around and see what you see...

http://www.zoom-entertainments.co.uk/#

I bought the MP3

mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I' think I know what you are doing wrong, I just went to your zoom link and downloaded the Top hits 14 disc.
They are 19 tracks inside a zip folder, You can't play the individual tracks from this zip folder. What I had to do was extract them first.
To do that first create a folder somewhere, I created a folder on my desktop named it "tempory downloads". Now right click on the original downloaded zip file and select "Extract All" and save the result to your new folder.

This will unzip all the files to that folder into pairs of CDG and mp3.
Which will play on my player as they are.

If your player will only play them as zip files then you will have to put each pair in it's own zip folder and name each zip folder the same as it's contents but leave the extension as .zip.

Once they have been unzipped right clicking on a pair should bring up the send to option where you can select Compressed (zipped) folder as they instructed but that is after extracting them all this automatically names the zip as it's contents.

Alternately right click in folder again but this time choose "New" and then Compressed (Zipped) folder. You will have to do this for each file pairs you want.
Then drag each of these pairs CDG & mp3 files into their own zip folder.

Or perhaps better using wiseguys little program to do this for you.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I believe they give a zip that contains the three files but have not bought any of the ones with the MP4 file. I have bought from their site recently and noticed a disclaimer saying they were going to add the MP4 file free of charge.
I'm referring to tricerasoft.com's downloads. It has been ages since I used Zoom. I can get Zoom from tricerasoft cheaper anyway.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

DanG2006 wrote:I believe they give a zip that contains the three files but have not bought any of the ones with the MP4 file. I have bought from their site recently and noticed a disclaimer saying they were going to add the MP4 file free of charge.
I'm referring to tricerasoft.com's downloads. It has been ages since I used Zoom. I can get Zoom from tricerasoft cheaper anyway.
That's Tricerasoft that give you a free MP4 version, the free version is not as good as the one you pay for, the paid for ones are High Definition with none blocky graphics. Zoom do sell some in MP4 HD format but there was no video track contained in my downloaded full disc option.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

mr.dj wrote:I' think I know what you are doing wrong, I just went to your zoom link and downloaded the Top hits 14 disc.
They are 19 tracks inside a zip folder, You can't play the individual tracks from this zip folder. What I had to do was extract them first.
To do that first create a folder somewhere, I created a folder on my desktop named it "tempory downloads". Now right click on the original downloaded zip file and select "Extract All" and save the result to your new folder.

If your player will only play them as zip files then you will have to put each pair in it's own zip folder and name each zip folder the same as it's contents but leave the extension as .zip.

Once they have been unzipped right clicking on a pair should bring up the send to option where you can select Compressed (zipped) folder as they instructed but that is after extracting them all this automatically names the zip as it's contents.

Alternately right click in folder again but this time choose "New" and then Compressed (Zipped) folder. You will have to do this for each file pairs you want.

OK...bare with me I'm an idiot...how do you do the zipping part of this?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

If you still have a vista or xp mahine, MP3+GTOOLZ will do the trick. So would Powerkaraoke's CD+G Burner. They would do the naming for you by using t he names of the files to do it.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:
mr.dj wrote:I' think I know what you are doing wrong, I just went to your zoom link and downloaded the Top hits 14 disc.

OK...bare with me I'm an idiot...how do you do the zipping part of this?
Now that I have some idea of what you're dealing with... here is what you must do.

The songs you bought are mp3+g file pairs that are ALL zipped together into a single zip file to make them easy to download all at one time.

You will need to extract the mp3+g files from that single zip file to a folder of their own. To do this you will double click on the zip file and follow the extraction procedure. Detailed instructions on this can be found at http://customize.org/help/How_To_Unzip_A_File

Once you have all the file pairs in a single folder you will need to zip together each file pair. If you're having trouble using the program I recommended you can do this manually. Open the folder that contains the file pairs... hold down the Ctrl key and click on each file of a file pair to select them both... right click on one of them... click on Send To... click on Compressed (zipped) Folder. A zip file will be created in that same folder with the file pairs. Here's an illustration http://www.cs.sfu.ca/CourseCentral/125/ ... nstr/xpzip

You can change the name of the zip files (if necessary) as long as you don't change the .zip file extension.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I have made a video of the process watch it here:

http://youtu.be/BEtovd_XHVw
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Alright ..I finally got them to work correctly..

Mr.DJ...that was an excellent video.. :D

I figured out why it was too big to email because it was one giant zipped file they sent in the download...and even though I was deleting songs from the file and it appeared as though they were deleted ...they actually were not deleted...

Anyway...Many thanks to all involved...
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

As a little side note update....

Zoom songs probably will only be available from their download site because they haven't paid the fees for their music to be used here...and I guess they never will...so...that is why every music site here stopped carrying them...