Zoom Music

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Bigdog

Zoom Music

Post by Bigdog »

Where is everyone buying their Zoom music...seems like most sites stopped handling them :cry:

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I buy the single songs from TriceraSoft. You can find most of their discs on www.amazon.com.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

OK I downloaded a disc from the Zoom site and I can not get the songs to play.

I highlighted both the audo and graphics files and right clicked on them to

do this..

while viewing both files in My Documents ( or wherever you have them stored ) highlight both files by single clicking on the first file and then holding down the Ctrl key while single clicking on the second file. While both files are highlighted, right click and choose the option Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder. Windows will put both files in a zip file. You can then rename this zip file to the naming format you use for all of your karaoke files, something like. ZM2013-01 - Ronettes - Be My Baby.zip. Your karaoke software should then be able to recognize the file once you rename it.

I can not get a drop down to appear with that option. Right now the entire disc file appears to be one giant file. I can't email it to my guru because the email says it's too big. I can not delete and songs from the file to make smaller packetts to send. Even though it shows they were deleted the email still says it's too big so I'm assuming they really haven't been deleted..

I tried this in XP and Vista.

Any suggestions? :twisted:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Does that "one entire file" have a file extension? I'm having a hard time imagining what that might be. Most karaoke song download sites offer the songs already in zipped mp3+g format.

If they are in file pairs, and you have them all in one folder on your computer, you can use this little MP3+G to Zip program that I often use to quickly zip them all together.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

The music file says....MP3 Format Sound

and the graphics file says .... CDG File

The site says they are zipped...
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Right clicking any file on my computer brings up the dropdown list showing send to which then opens another dropdown list with a Compressed zip folder choice.

But having said that it seems funny that you have to name it yourself.

Can you post the link to the site you downloaded from and the file you chose so we can examine it further ?
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

As you say that option doesn't appear when you right click a file try this.
Right click in any open folder or your desktop and select "NEW" from the next drop down select "Compressed (Zipped) folder", then drag your files into this folder or copy and paste them then rename the zip folder and see if you have any luck with that.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

mr.dj wrote:As you say that option doesn't appear when you right click a file try this.
Right click in any open folder or your desktop and select "NEW" from the next drop down select "Compressed (Zipped) folder", then drag your files into this folder or copy and paste them then rename the zip folder and see if you have any luck with that.
OK that worked...partly...

The files are now combined into one file....but all of my karaoke files end in (.zip) these end in (.MP3) and my Sax & Dottys isn't recognising them. They will play correctly in Win Amp. And I'm not sure if they are really zipped...
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Each "file pair" must be zipped together. So if you have "mysong - myartist.cdg" and "mysong - myartist.mp3" the two would be zipped together to form a single file named "mysong - myartist.zip".

You can do these separately with any file zipping utility or you can use the little program I mentioned to do them in bunches.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

wiseguy wrote:Each "file pair" must be zipped together. So if you have "mysong - myartist.cdg" and "mysong - myartist.mp3" the two would be zipped together to form a single file named "mysong - myartist.zip".

You can do these separately with any file zipping utility or you can use the little program I mentioned to do them in bunches.

Well they did join together but the one file now ends with .MP3

I downloaded that program...how does it work I can't figure it out...I'm a computer idiot.. :D
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

When you unzip and open the program you will use the left pane to locate the folder that holds your mp3+G file pairs. When you do the song files will appear in the pane on the right. Make sure the box beside "Delete the MP3 and CDG file when done" is NOT checked. You can delete them later after you assure the zip process was successful.

Once you click the Start button the files will all be zipped into separate zip files for each song in the same folder as the file pairs. You can rename the zip files (with the exception of the .zip extension) to whatever you need to.

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

So do you have to drag the songs into this program? Each or by the folder?
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Two things appeared on my desk top...

The vbzip11.dll which keeps asking for a program to open it with and the MP3g2zip and it won't open either. it keeps asking me if I want to install it and it's already installed but refuses to open. :twisted:
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The other file with the zip could be an MP4 file. They are giving out MP4 files along with the MP3+G files. The reason that you can't get the discs anymore is that it is illegal for them to sell to commercial entities in the USA because they don't pay the USA licenses. It is sad because they are maybe one of the few that have SC quality in their product.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

DanG2006 wrote:The other file with the zip could be an MP4 file. They are giving out MP4 files along with the MP3+G files. The reason that you can't get the discs anymore is that it is illegal for them to sell to commercial entities in the USA because they don't pay the USA licenses. It is sad because they are maybe one of the few that have SC quality in their product.
Have you bought from this site? Do they give you file pairs instead of zip files or do they give you the option of which format?