Best Hosting Program as of 2013?

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

For 49.95 you can get a songbook printed from Compuhost now. It allows for 4 columns as well as prints to pdf if you choose to let an outside company make your books for you or prints from the list.I like it because it's the only songprinting program that prints the artist name plus COnt. in case of having more songs for an artist than there is room in one column.

lgreg6787

Re: Best Hosting Program as of 2013?

Post by lgreg6787 »

i agree the video hoster by mtu is the best all round program karaokepluss ( aust) sells this and is having a sale at present , i have tried most of the others in the past and find it can do all thinks most would ever want ..anyhow thats my option yeah do a side by side comparsion , some may want to rip but that comes with fines and if your caught not paying apra fees it could cost ya business ( im assuming you are a working pro ) good luck
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DanG2006

Re:

Post by DanG2006 »

Bigdog wrote:I'm trying to get away from Win Amp....

I would like singer history which most have now.

I hadn't considered the ability to write a song book from the program...

My song book consideration would be...it needs to do 3 columns.

So do you use a seperate song book program or can you do it from your hosting program.

Also how many have upgraded to Windows 7. Will your suggested program work with it?

Is anyone using a Mac to host?
Compuhost has an add on now that creates the book from within. No need of exporting the list to another program. It has four column capability.
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

they all have demo's, try them all and see which you like. i prefer Siglos myself but i like to customize everything about my shows. you will find the one that fits your style the best.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:they all have demo's, try them all and see which you like. i prefer Siglos myself but i like to customize everything about my shows. you will find the one that fits your style the best.
I use to say that Compuhost was in my opinion the best out there. Now that I have tested and tried Siglos, I have changed my mind for one simple reason, it allows me to put in a request into an empty singer's que when it's time for their turn by popping up a box that gives me three choices, 1) skip them, 2) Delete them and 3) ask and add a song into their que to be played right away. While it doesn't have KJMedia Pro, songbook maker or a kiosk built in yet, It has all the other features that Compuhost has in it. I still import my new songs into Compuhost's database to print out updates to songlists or main songlists. I also use Tricerasoft's Super Remote Request Tool in place of Compuhost's kiosk, I just have to transfer the requests manually into Siglos. It still beats having to use slips and the singers don't have to have smartphones to sign up which turned out to be a big drawback to Compuhost's Phone App. Plus I don't have to pay to use it.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

It appears that JustKaraoke can be removed from consideration. TriceraSoft has ceased to exist along with all its software and karaoke music.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

For printing and organizing the files, I now use Pilot Songbook Creator as it does the jobs of 2 of Karasoft's products. Cost is the same as the add on to CompuHost and will import an exported file from Siglos. I have to do my loading of Siglos database in 4 steps because I like to rename my edited files to format that I can easily tag my files to make importing themy into my kiosk software. Glad I got Super Remote Request Tool before Tricerasoft went out of business. Would have been nice to have added the ability to take out the duplicates because it's not going directly into the player anymore now that I use Siglos. They did however think about making the kiosk software to either work inside Justkaraoke or outside of it. Just wish that Siglos would allow drag and drop from Super Remote Request Tool into the player to make things easier.