HELP! How do I update song list for TJ Media TKR-304K?

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
smoothjk

HELP! How do I update song list for TJ Media TKR-304K?

Post by smoothjk »

Overall, I've been very pleased with this system (we purchased it in April), but now it's about time to update the songs a bit. I even bought a certification card from eBay, but when I went to download the new song packages, I can't even get the files to download correctly. A pop-up window will show up with a progress indicator, but nothing ever happens no matter how long I leave it.

The link is here:
http://newsong.tjmedia.co.kr/source/Con ... sDown.aspx

Has anyone ever done this before? Also, if I have a certification card to validate updates, does it only work for one song package (e.g., 2014-10-15) rather than any number of new songs? It would be a shame to have to buy another one of these every time I went a few songs...

Please advise, thank you!

ame-otoko

Re: HELP! How do I update song list for TJ Media TKR-304K?

Post by ame-otoko »

@smoothjk: In case you are still struggling with your TJ media player, take a look at this thread, where I have also mentioned how to overcome the faulty download pop-up window, experienced with non IE browsers.

With regard to your other question, each certification card can be used only once for a single update volume. Each update volume (so far) contained over 400 different songs. You can download a .pdf file with the song list corresponding to each update volume from the TJ media update site.

However, this device is aimed at a Korean speaking audience, hence the vast majority of Korean language songs with comparably few English and Japanese tracks. If you are into K-POP, J-POP and Asian language songs in general, this is your best B2C choice.
Although a lot of English hits from various decades, including recent releases, have been added nobody should expect a line-up similar to the continuous CD+G/downloadable content from North American karaoke providers, since the manufacturer TJ media, does not focus on that region.
Expert on Japanese and Korean karaoke systems such as DAM, Joysound/UGA, TJ media, KumYoung...
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads