Karaoke Software to play VOB files

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
camtran11

Karaoke Software to play VOB files

Post by camtran11 »

I need a good Karaoke software on laptop to play VOB files. Please help.

Thanks

Tran11

mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I think you will be hard pressed to find a karaoke software to easily play .vob files. Hoster from MTU will play them but they are very slow to load.
The trouble with .vob files is they are a DVD format and revolve around a menu system used by the dvd. From my own limited experience with them they are not written in individual tracks, if you load 1 .vob file it can cover several tracks in the one file.
My advise is to rip them using a dedicated software for the purpose that splits them into individual tracks then save them to more friendly format like mp4 or avi.
I use IMToo DVD ripper for this purpose. here is a link to the software:
http://www.imtoo.com/

Once you have them in this more computer friendly format they will play in a number of Karaoke software titles.
I personnaly use Hoster from MTU.
camtran11

Post by camtran11 »

Thanks Mr. DJ for your response.

The problem is I have about 10,000 (yes, ten thousands!) VOB karaoke songs on my PC hard drive. It might take a very long time to convert to other format, right? Batch conversion 10 at a time?

Tran11
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Is each vob file a single song ?

If so then Hoster should be able to play them OK.

If selecting them always brings up a menu then no they won't load quickly if at all.

You can try a demo of Hoster for free just to see if they play.
Load one by the video button on the main page, if it plays alright from there then you will be able to import them to it's own database for quick searching and retrieval.
camtran11

Post by camtran11 »

Thanks Mr. DJ. Yes, each VOB is a single kataroke song. I will try Hoster.

Tran11
CORVETTE

Post by CORVETTE »

Virtual DJ will play the VOB files.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Virtual DJ is not a karaoke hosting application. It is DJ software that plays karaoke files and videos.
CORVETTE

Post by CORVETTE »

maybe not by name but you can queue up the songs to keep the correct rota. You can make virtual folders to keep a note of all your singers songs. Have been doing karaoke for 20 years and found switching to this from using a twin disc player seamless and so easy with the search facility and having the vitrtual folders as i chose the majority of the singers songs as they don't want to look through the books.
All down to personal preference but its a great system which can swith btween music, videos and karaokes seamlessly so you get the best of all worlds.
PS am not a salesman for virtual DJ lol