PEP aquires Chartbuster

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
DanG2006

PEP aquires Chartbuster

Post by DanG2006 »

I'm getting ready to dump my Chartbuster discs.

The Lone Ranger

Re: PEP aquires Chartbuster

Post by The Lone Ranger »

8) I don't blame you Danny, but I'm a bit confused why you are taking this action? You have always maintained that no unlicensed material is in your current library. If that is the case and you are 1:1 compliant you shouldn't have a problem, right? The take over of the CB label shows PEP aka SC in it's true colors. PEP pays lip service to wanting to get back in to making new karaoke content, when in reality they are only concerned with trying to control the Karaoke entertainment business totally. In fact Jim PEP's legal spokes hole, stated that there is no intention of making new CB product, they merely wanted to prevent CB from falling into freeware status. In other words SC is still the brand but we don't want hosts to have the option of using CB if they choose to do so in their shows.

I cannot see how any of the cheerleaders can support these intellectual trolls any longer. In the six years that SC has been using the legal process business model they have only touched less than 2% of the industry hosts. In that time the number of hosts according to their numbers have increased 10%, a net loss of 8%, sort of like scooping up the sand on a beach with a teaspoon, with your pail having no bottom. Just because PEP has assumed the so called label protection duties from PR llc. doesn't mean they will be anymore successful in defending the CB label. Rather they have doubled down on a losing program. They are not going to put the genie back in the bottle, and have now cast doubt on still another label.

Even you can see now Danny Kurt and Jim's greed knows no bounds. That they aren't really concerned about production anymore, only in trying to extort money from hosts for old defunct karaoke labels. None of the money they collect will be going to the artists, song writers or original owners of the intellectual property, the underlying material, but to individuals no longer in the production end of the karaoke industry. I hope you no longer support such tactics.

How to Build a Home Karaoke System