Is there a Software Program that allows you to add a song from a singer's CD or Flash Drive?

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
mr.dj

Re: Is there a Software Program that allows you to add a song from a singer's CD or Flash Drive?

Post by mr.dj »

In my experience all phone requests from SongbookDB can only be from the registered owner of the phone, The phone app only sends the name of the registered person, that person can request to add a singer with him but can't change the lead singer name he sends in.
It's more full proof than the Kiosk.

DanG2006

Re: Is there a Software Program that allows you to add a song from a singer's CD or Flash Drive?

Post by DanG2006 »

DanG2006 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:39 am Simply to prevent cheating the system. Meaning creating fake names to get up to sing more than once a rotation, putting in friend's names as a joke. By limiting the requests to only those who are singing, I avoid dead air because I am calling someone who doesn't want to sing.
Found out that to use the SongbookDB app on the phone you must absolutely sign in using Facebook or register a free account where one has to give a valid email address where they must respond to an email before they can make a request. and I believe that Shawn addressed the same name issue because if you use Facebook to sign in it gives you the person's full name when getting the request. The only way that I can think of is if there's two Bob Jones at your show. It's one of the reasons that I switched from Luv2Sing to SongbookDB.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Paradigm Karaoke

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

Eaxactly Dan, that is how it works, however Mr DJ, i can say i rarely get spoof names from the kiosk.
i will admit it was one of my biggest push backs against using digital instead of books, but i was proven wrong.
i actually get fewer spoof names from the kiosks than i did with books and slips.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads