Is there a Software Program that allows you to add a song from a singer's CD or Flash Drive?

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Bigjohnshow

Is there a Software Program that allows you to add a song from a singer's CD or Flash Drive?

Post by Bigjohnshow »

I'm looking to upgrade my Software Program. I am currently still using Sax n Dotty Show Presenter.
Is there a program where you can add a song a singer brings in in real time?
I was looking at Compuhost but didn't see if it had that capability in the specs.
Can someone please let me know if there is a program with that capability?

Thanks

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Is there a Software Program that allows you to add a song from a singer's CD or Flash Drive?

Post by wiseguy »

Video Hoster will do this. It will play karaoke discs and is the only hosting program with an integrated karaoke disc ripping feature. It will also import MP3+G song files from a flash drive.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Paradigm Karaoke

Re: Is there a Software Program that allows you to add a song from a singer's CD or Flash Drive?

Post by Paradigm Karaoke »

As will Siglos, my preferred player. they all have free demo versions, download them and try yourself to see what you like better.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Siglos Karaoke Professional is a good hosting program that will play CD+G discs and import MP3+G from a flash drive but it does not have an integrated disc ripping feature like Hoster.
Paradigm Karaoke

yes, but he was asking to play a singers disc. we don't rip singers discs into our libraries, so i just went with playing it.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:yes, but he was asking to play a singers disc. we don't rip singers discs into our libraries, so i just went with playing it.
I understand this and Hoster has a feature that lets you rip the singer's song(s) from a CDG disc, or copy a singer's song(s) from a flash drive and then return the disc or flash drive to them immediately. By adding the songs with the "Singers Disc" button they will be automatically deleted after they are played.

Siglos Karaoke Professional is a good hosting application but it does not come near to having the amount of features that Video Hoster has. Speaking of which, Hoster just added SongBookDB integration that allows your singers to look up your current songbook on any cell phone or tablet and send you the request without using a paper slip.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Compuhost will play directly off of a flash drive or outside disc. Even allow it to be chosen in the que. It doesn't add it to the database.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

The latest Hoster gives you a choice of playing it direct of the disc or importing it temporary, either way it can be entered into the que and is not added to the database.
I now use the play direct of disc option.
Paradigm Karaoke

not arguing Wise, but what features does Hoster have that Siglos does not?
and for the record, SongbookDB is a great service. have been using it for years and love it.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Paradigm Karaoke wrote:not arguing Wise, but what features does Hoster have that Siglos does not?
and for the record, SongbookDB is a great service. have been using it for years and love it.
For starters it has integrated disc ripping, songbook creator and printer, touch screen support, a slideshow feature, auto filler music, and the singers disc button, just off the top of my head.
Paradigm Karaoke

Hoster is a great program, just missing features for me.
don't use disc ripping, have used Audiograbber for years and not one issue (hoster's ripper won't allow my naming convention anyway)
songbook creator, havent used a songbook in years either, Songbookdb is awesome. (won't use the integrated sbdb since it does not use singers history at all, and will auto put in all names together ie. 2 bob's in the room both get put under one. no way around it) i have already been talking with Bryan at MTU and Shaun at SBDB about that one.
i use Siglos on touch screen so that is there
slideshow feature, i can do that, or show singer name and song who is next including custom screens for regulars.
auto filler music, got that plus i can add videos into the fille rlist and play those...with singer announcement showing over top if i want.
singers disc button, Siglos was the first to have this. been using it for almost 10 years now.

this is what i mean, i am not trying to whip it out or argue, but when you said Siglos doesn't have near the features of Hoster, i'm not seeing that.i am seeing the other way.

Siglos will upgrade the graphics with Antialiasing for smoother graphics (somewhere between CDG and MP4 even adding color gradient to eh words and drop shadow for a more 3d effect)
Siglos will automatically remove silence from someones flash drive or cd track without scanning and creating a data file for it, just on the fly.
Siglos will let me change the background of all songs to my custom background so there is continuity in my business look. i can change it for holidays and special events just for the night instead of only changing one song at a time.
Siglos will let me also use animated gif or video files for the background as well.
all of this is what the customer sees that no other software on the market does.
i have no beef with you or hoster and Bryan is a great guy who listens to his customers, just rolling with the conversation.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Since when did Siglos offer touchscreen support. Sure, it will run on a touchscreen computer but that isn't the same thing. The singers disc button is not the same either. With Siglos you must keep the singers disc until after they sing the song from it where with Hoster you rip the song (temporarily) and give them back their disc. The song book creator and printer is a feature that Hoster has that Siglos does not. Many KJs still print song books. I'm not going to go into all the differences about the programs because I simply don't care enough about it to waste the time.

Truth be told, I do not, and will not, use Hoster or Siglos. I don't need or want all the bells and whistles. I use JustKaraoke and it does everything I need very effectively, quickly, and unerringly. I also have no use for the SongbookDB program. I prefer to communicate personally with the person submitting a song request and I will always use song books. Custom backgrounds and slideshows would not enhance the karaoke experience for my singers and are therefore useless to me. Too much technology would take away the personal interaction that I built my business around.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

While I like Siglos, I just can't wait for PowerKaraoke to get their kiosk/phone app capability added to Siglos. I need it now. So for the ability to integrate SongbookDB into the player, I am choosing to basically go back to Hoster. I can still control what goes into the player because I can leave auto add off making it so that I can add the songs that come from my mobile kiosk and ban the rest.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

DanG2006 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:41 pm While I like Siglos, I just can't wait for PowerKaraoke to get their kiosk/phone app capability added to Siglos. I need it now. So for the ability to integrate SongbookDB into the player, I am choosing to basically go back to Hoster. I can still control what goes into the player because I can leave auto add off making it so that I can add the songs that come from my mobile kiosk and ban the rest.
Why would you want to ban the rest ?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Simply to prevent cheating the system. Meaning creating fake names to get up to sing more than once a rotation, putting in friend's names as a joke. By limiting the requests to only those who are singing, I avoid dead air because I am calling someone who doesn't want to sing.