Just Karaoke 2.0 Database Failure

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
mtbaltmd

Just Karaoke 2.0 Database Failure

Post by mtbaltmd »

I'm running Just Karaoke 2.0 on a Windows 10 PC. Recently, an issue occurred. When I open the program, I get a message that says "Database Failure 2". When I close the error pop-up, the program seems to run fine. The song catalogue appears to be working as expected. That is, I can search and play songs as usual. The song info. is black (not red), and nothing seems to be missing or corrupted. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, can you tell me how to fix it please? At this point, it's just a minor annoyance, but I'm worried that it might be a warning sign that something more serious is going on with the program. The program is no longer sold and probably is not supported anymore, so I'm hoping this can be resolved. It's a shame. Tricerasoft had excellent software support before the product was discontinued.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Just Karaoke 2.0 Database Failure

Post by wiseguy »

It was very unprofessional of TriceraSoft to just disappear and abandon their customers. I've been using JustKaraoke for a long time and have never received an error message like that. Could that have been a Windows error message and not from JustKaraoke itself? If the problem continues you might try clearing the database and importing the songs again.
DanG2006

Re: Just Karaoke 2.0 Database Failure

Post by DanG2006 »

You might want to reinstall Justkaraoke. I used to get that message and reinstalling the program solved the issue for me. I have stopped using the Tricerasoft products because there's no more support for them anymore. I now use Siglos and it's rotation pretty much operates the same way as Justkaraoke.