JustKaraoke 2.0 HP Laptop Singer History shows up blank

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
asoundsensation

JustKaraoke 2.0 HP Laptop Singer History shows up blank

Post by asoundsensation »

Anyone had this issue? I pull program up. Click on History, looks like nothing pulls up. But when I go to the taskbar at bottom of screen and put my mouse over JustKaraoke I see where is says History but it is blank. I have tried to move it, restore it, etc. I have uninstall program and reinstalled. Still same issue. I did not go through my laptop and delete all files between uninstall and reinstall. I have over 2yrs of singer History I do not want to lose from my weekly gigs.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: JustKaraoke 2.0 HP Laptop Singer History shows up blank

Post by wiseguy »

I've never had this exact problem with JustKaraoke but it sounds like some file(s) have become corrupt. A complete uninstall and reinstall should fix the problem. This means you will need to delete all the files associated with the program. The singer history information is located in a folder on the C: drive named JSTFiles. Inside this folder is a file named collections.mdb which is where your singer history and some other information is stored. Before doing a complete uninstall you need to copy the collections.mdb file to some other location. Use your computer's remove programs feature to uninstall JustKaraoke. Then delete the JustKaraoke folder (if it's still there) from the Program Files folder. Then delete the JSTFiles folder from the C: drive. Now reboot your computer and then reinstall JustKaraoke. Copy the collections.mdb that you saved back to the newly created JSTFiles folder overwriting the one that's there if necessary. You will need to import your songs again but your singer history should be restored. It's a good idea to make periodic backups of the collections.mdb file.

If this doesn't work then most likely the collections.mdb has become corrupt in which case your singer history is lost permanently.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System