Just Karaoke doesn't play songs

Discuss CD+G's, VCD's, song book creators, and any other karaoke related software.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
doncaruana

Just Karaoke doesn't play songs

Post by doncaruana »

It used to work on this machine, but I had a drive crash and ended up putting Windows 10 on it. I also changed my graphics card at one point, but I can't say for sure if that was before or after Just Karaoke still worked.

Everything seems normal but when I go to play a song, it just goes to the end of the song and the screen doesn't actually change.

I know my songs are good (mp+g both expanded and zipped) and I reinstalled it fine on two other Windows 10 machines I have and everything works there.

Has anyone ever seen a problem like this or have any suggestions on something I might try?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: Just Karaoke doesn't play songs

Post by wiseguy »

Does the audio play normally?
doncaruana

Post by doncaruana »

Not in Just Karaoke but anywhere else it does. I can use VLC (or a freeware program I found) and play these just fine on this machine. But in JK when I try to play it just goes to the end of the song immediately and never plays anything.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

It sounds like a database/hard drive connection problem. The songs show up in your JustKaraoke database but the program is not accessing the actual song files. To start with you should zip all your karaoke songs instead of having some zipped and others in the two file format. JustKaraoke seems to work better that way.

Next, you should try clearing the database and re-importing the songs. Click the Edit button and select "Clear Database". If your song files are on an external hard drive make sure that drive is plugged into your computer. Close JusKaraoke and reboot the computer. Start JustKaraoke and import the songs into its database.
doncaruana

Post by doncaruana »

Actually all the files are local and I don't have them mixed. They're all zipped (the same way I had them previously). I just tried them unzipped to see if that was a problem.

I've cleared the database and rebooted a few times.

However...I just noticed that when I try to play a file, sometimes I can see the opening screen flash for a fraction of a second on the display.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Have you found a solution for this yet?