Changing from Hoster to Sax-N-Dotty HELP NEEDED

Discuss the MP3+G karaoke format.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Bigdog wrote:What's the big deal about a few free add ons?
Given that the some of the "bloatware" OS's provided by Micros**t over the past few years have been so fragile that they fall over and die if looked at the wrong way, IMHO, it makes sense to use the minimum required to get the job done.

I'm hoping that I can run a karaoke from Linux and migrate away from MS, altogether.

However, to be fair, both Karma and Justkaraoke appear to run very well on Windows 7.

Apart from anything else, I believe even S 'n D accept that it's better to use an earlier version of Winamp, as the newer versions "sometimes" don't play "nice" with the plugins.

Admittedly, I've never had an issue with this but 1) I have an earlier version of S 'n D as, like yourself, I don't like the layout of the newer versions and 2) have consistently saved earlier copies of Winamp, "just in case" :roll:

However, there are better and cheaper programs out there and I think S 'n D are going to have to seriously rethink their "1 PC only" policy or they will ultimately lose out to the rest.

I used to recommend S 'n D, as a matter of course but now I tell people to avoid it like the plague.

Sandy

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Another thing JustKaraoke has is it's remote server tool which connects another PC with the hosting PC to send requests to JustKaraoke. If you're interested. You have to know a bit about networking a computer with another computer.
DaddiDXL

Post by DaddiDXL »

Sandy,

Do you have to convert CDG's if using JustKaraoke? Just trying to get as much information about the program from someone who has some personal dealings with it.

Thanks so much,

Parker :lol:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

JustKaraoke uses MP3+G files. All hosting softwares use a compressed version of CD+G song tracks. So no matter which one you use you will need to rip the song tracks from your CD+G discs, or convert your song files, to the required format.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

DaddiDXL wrote:Sandy,

Do you have to convert CDG's if using JustKaraoke? Just trying to get as much information about the program from someone who has some personal dealings with it.

Thanks so much,

Parker :lol:
If you are asking whether you have to convert your CD's in CD+G format to MP3+G format, then I'm afraid the answer is yes!

Like most Karaoke software, Justkaraoke is primarilly intended to play MP3 audio and converted CDG graphics.

It will work with either the two separate files or both files combined in .ZIP format.

Very few software packages will play direct from a "standard" Karaoke CD.

Sandy
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

The big deal is when a program has to talk to an add on plenty can go wrong. If it is built into the program itself then you have less to worry about.
I recommend JustKaraoke as well. Although it's price just went up $10. STill worth every penny.