Voice Recording

Discuss the MP3+G karaoke format.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
hally529

Voice Recording

Post by hally529 »

Does anyone know how I can record karaoke singers and then play it back. I run MP3+G via laptop.

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Without getting into the legality aspect of doing this, it depends on what you're actually trying to achieve.

If just vocals and if your sound card is full duplex, then you should be able to do it quite simply by using Sound Recorder;

To open Sound Recorder, click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to Entertainment, and then click Sound Recorder. (this is for XP. Vista and Win7 might be different).

If you need video as well, then if you have XP, you'll need to use an external camera or a built in webcam.

There should be webcam software available to record whatever you want. I assume :mrgreen: that's how all the amateur **** on the Net gets there (not that I watch **** I should say!!! :twisted: )

Sandy
hally529

Post by hally529 »

All I want to do is record people as they are singing and then play it back to them.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

hally529 wrote:All I want to do is record people as they are singing and then play it back to them.
As I said in post #2, stick a microphone in your sound card Mic In connection, fire up Sound Recorder and off you go.

I should point out that almost everyone HATES the sound of their own voice when it's played back, so be prepared for some grief.

Sandy
Zhorell

Post by Zhorell »

Digital recorder.