MP3+G Confusion

Discuss the MP3+G karaoke format.
newkarguy

MP3+G Confusion

Post by newkarguy »

Thanks to the creator of this site and all of your expertise I have just ordered all of the components to start playing with Karaoke! However, I have one question I have not been able to sort out so any help would be appreciated.

In my reading on this site it appears I can go to Tricerasoft and pay for downloads or I can go to one of the "IRC" sites and download the music for free. Can someone please tell me what the difference is and why somebody would pay if they can get it for free? Is the IRC route legal? And lastly, are there are different "creators" of these MP#+G files where one is better quality than the others...I keep seeing this "SC" reference but do not know what that means.

Thanks in advance for any help...

mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

The free sites are illegal, if we all downloaded freebies there would be no karaoke producers left so there would be no new stuff ever again.
If you want to be able to have new released tracks then you need to support the manufacturers.
"SC" stands for Sound Choice who is a producer in USA of karaoke tracks who most people would recognize as high quality arrangements.
Other manufacturers Chart Busters, Zoom, Sunfly,Mr. Entertainer and loads more.
Quality of each is more of a personnel preference. :roll: