MP3+G Licensing???

Discuss the MP3+G karaoke format.
Dominoose

MP3+G Licensing???

Post by Dominoose »

My friend just started his own KJ business (I'm tech support IT support and partner) and acquired a hard drive full of MP3+G from a prior owner. We are wondering if it is ok to use it for now and how we would go about getting licensing/use rights of the songs already on the hard drive. Most of them appear to be converted from CD+G although some are downloaded.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Unless you also got the original karaoke discs that contain all the songs that are on that hard drive they are illegal to use. I'm sure Dan will chime in with some suggestions on how to get legal.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Wiseguy is correct that without the original discs and, I'm assuming a lot of the tracks on the drive are SC, written permission from SC to use them in a commercial setting. A quick way to get legal is to finance the GEM series. 6000 unduplicated songs and then supplementing the set with downloads from Karaoke Version, Tricerasoft, Sunfly and SBI will get you started.
Now there might be some Chartbuster Hard drives that contain 12,000 unlocked songs on ebay.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads