Oh the woes of file maintenance

Discuss the MP3+G karaoke format.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
DanG2006

Oh the woes of file maintenance

Post by DanG2006 »

I just got a new song request software that will allow my singers to send me requests from their seats. The software requires me to upload either a csv file or read from the directory of the computer. I am choosing to use the csv file generated by my player software. Well the program only accepts one filename convention, d-t - a - t. My files on my main drive were in Artist - title format so I have to rename them. This weekend because I hadn't come to an idea until Sunday Morning after trying to rename them Saturday got my files screwed up so bad that I rescued what I could and copied from my backup drive the files that were just too screwed up to save. The game plan is to rename the files that I brought over to Artist - title again and start over as I finally figured out how to use the renaming software that I also got from the song request site.

DanG2006

Re: Oh the woes of file maintenance

Post by DanG2006 »

Well I ran a show with the newly "fixed" renamed songs. I tried to sing the same song, different manufacturers and got the lyrics but no audio on both versions. Turned out that my renaming software didn't do a complete job in renaming the files on about three folders. In them I found that while it used a two digit number on the graphic file from 1-9, the audio file 's track numbers from 1-9 were single digits making those pairs of files unmatched keeping the audio from playing with the graphics. I have since fixed it and have gone through every folder to make sure that all the files match.