Changing format

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
alb10n

Changing format

Post by alb10n »

Hi all, I'm new to this so bear with me.

I have been asked to convert some Karaoke CD's that are in VOB format that came with the machine.
The machine they have is a "Starsinger 1000 Pro II". This machine will rip MP3+G from a CD+G disc. I have been asked to change the format from VOB to CD+G (I've no idea why they don't want me to convert directly to MP3+G, maybe they want to have fun?)
I'd like to know if this can be done? Either VOB to CD+G or VOB to MP3+G.
There are 30 songs on each CD containing VOB, IFO & BUP files.
Can i split each song up or does it have to stay whole?

I'm baffled

BiLL

mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

You can't convert VOB files to CDG or MP3+G. to the best of my knowledge.
Vob files are a video format, you could probably rip the audio track to mp3 but there is no way to convert the lyrics from a video to cdg. You could use a program like KHpro from MTU to add the lyric file manually but would be quite time consuming.
Vob files are normally DVD type disc sometimes each vob file is a separate title and you may be able to copy it but normally find you need a dvd ripping software to split them into individual tracks, be aware a lot of dvd software can't rip protected discs. I use Imtoo dvd ripper some versions of that will rip protected discs.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
alb10n

Post by alb10n »

OK

Thanks for the info.
I'll pass the message on & tell them to purchase discs in the correct format in future.

BiLL
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads