Copying pc files onto an SD card

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

There is no such thing as a "standard karaoke machine". There are many makes and models and they all have different features. It is important to know exactly which make and model you are working with.

The supplier does not understand what you are doing. Apparently they think you are trying to rip songs from a CD+G disc. Did you explain to them that you already had the MP3+G files on the laptop's hard drive? You DO NOT rip files from a hard drive.

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

crazyface wrote:It seems to be a standard karaoke machine. I've, by chance contacted the supplier and they say and I quote "you cannot copy and paste these files from a laptop they have to be ripped to the SD card".

Which is why the machine cannot read the card. I'm off now to watch my grandson play footie. If you can suggest some software that can do this. Power karaoke cannot as you cannot get the software to rip from the laptop it wants a cd.

Help !
As wiseguy says in the post above, it seems the people you have contacted don't understand what you're trying to do.

If the machine in the pub supports MP3+G, then it doesn't matter HOW you get the files onto the SD card, all that matters is that you have the MP3 file AND the CDG file on the card.

In your case, simple drag'n drop should be sufficient.

I would try and find out the model number of the player AND find the uder manual for it, as that will tell you exactly what the machine can or can't do.

Sandy.
crazyface

Post by crazyface »

Hiya. Have we hit a wall? THere must be something I'm doing wrong.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

crazyface wrote:Hiya. Have we hit a wall? THere must be something I'm doing wrong.
What you are doing wrong is not giving enough information to the people trying to help you. Until you provide us with the make and model of the karaoke machine there is no point in asking any more questions.
crazyface

Post by crazyface »

And the answer to all this is?

Get a copy of Power CDG+ to Video Karaoke converter. You can then convert the files to AVI in bulk from your HDD to a files on your HDD then just drag and drop or select all and send to SD card that is in the slot on you laptop.

Phew all sorted !!!!

Cheers all who helped !!! :D :D
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I have a feeling that the karaoke machine did not support MP3+G to begin with. For one thing MP3+G was listed under video formats which it is not. Also, most players that do support MP3+G list it as mp3 + cdg because of trademark restrictions. If we were supplied the make and model of the machine from the start a lot of time of effort could have been saved.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

At least he came back and thanked those who tried to help!!!

Isn't it the usual case that someone comes on, gets help and support, then bu**ers off without so much as a "Ta very much"?

Politenes costs nowt, at the end of the day!

Sandy.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

mnementh wrote:At least he came back and thanked those who tried to help!!!

Isn't it the usual case that someone comes on, gets help and support, then bu**ers off without so much as a "Ta very much"?

Politenes costs nowt, at the end of the day!

Sandy.
Of course... BUT... people need to learn that they need to answer the question(s) we ask them and not simply dismiss the question(s) because THEY don't think it's important. It's frustrating and a waste of everyone's time.
crazyface

Post by crazyface »

Power CDG+ to video works to convert. As does AVS for that matter. The solution to all this? The player didn't the 8GB sd card. simple as that. I've used a 4gb card to copy to and all is well. Whilst at the suppliers, we tried everything before we hit on the solution. The card I was using shut his player down !!!!! We then tried a smaller GB card and all was well. Strange but true !

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else encounters the same problem.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wiseguy wrote:I have a feeling that the karaoke machine did not support MP3+G to begin with. For one thing MP3+G was listed under video formats which it is not. Also, most players that do support MP3+G list it as mp3 + cdg because of trademark restrictions. If we were supplied the make and model of the machine from the start a lot of time of effort could have been saved.
Wiseguy, MP3+G is listed in the video format of my madboy player. I can attest to the fact that it does play MP3+G correctly as I have tested it out. The beauty of it is if I have an unexpected crash of my laptop, I now have a back up system to run my shows with and not lose a single song that I have available to me. I can create mp3+G discs to use in it of the songs I unlocked off of the KJ Media Pro without format shifting the content.