Copying pc files onto an SD card

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
crazyface

Copying pc files onto an SD card

Post by crazyface »

Hi newbie here. I've been doing a bit of karaoke in my local pub using their discs, but have now accumulated quite a few songs now on my laptop. Can anyone tell me the way I can get these files onto a SD card which I can then just pop in to the machine they have. I've tried, without success, using the method described in another thread on here. ie use Power CG+G burner. But to do this, I've had to copy the required files on to a CD from the laptop files then rip them to the SD card. The songs on the card cannot be seen on the machine, although play fine in the pub.

HELP !!!! :?

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi crazyface,
first, welcome to the forum.

O.K., to your problem(s).

You say you've used the pubs discs?

What format are the discs? Are they standard CD+G?

Is your player a "real" Karaoke player, i.e. does it play C D+G discs or are you simply using the player in the pub?

You say the pub player has SD card capability. Does the pub player play MP3+G files?

You say you now have quite a few songs on your laptop. What format are they in, i.e. are they MP3+G, WAV+G or some other format?

You say you copy the files from your laptop to a CD THEN rip them to the SD card. How are you doing this?

You say the songs on the card can't be seen on the machine. What machine, your laptop or the pub machine?

What is the model of the pub machine?

Does it support MP3+G?

Please supply MUCH more comprehensive details.

If the pub machine plays MP3+G then solutions are easy.

Sandy.
crazyface

Post by crazyface »

Heavens more questions than answers. I'll go away, get the answers and return.

See you in a bit. :oops:
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

One thing if your machine reads MP3+G make sure your songs are not zipped. Most MP3+G machines do not have the capability to read zipped files.
crazyface

Post by crazyface »

Hi I'm back. After a quick call at the pub, here are (I hope the answers).

The "Multi- Fromat Karaoke player with recording" god knows who the manufacturer is, will play,

Disc formats CD / CD+G / VCD / DVD / CD-R / CD-RD ETC
Format Audio CD/ HDCD / DVD-VIDEO / VCD / CD+G / MP3 / WMA / PCM / DOLBY / DTS
Video Format DVD / VCD / CD+G / MP3+G / MPEG4 / WMV / JPEG

The files on my laptop are in cdg and mp3 format (two separate files for each song)

As a separate question, could I just plug the laptop into the player? Just a thought
crazyface

Post by crazyface »

Oops I forgot to answer some questions.

The discs are made from the laptop files on to a cd using Power CD+ Burner.
Yes its a real karaoke player machine.
The pub player will play MP3+ files, apparently
I tried copying the files using copy and paste. Just using the laptop with the SD card in the card slot on the laptop. Then tried putting them onto a CD using Power CD+ then copying them from there onto the SD card, again using the laptop.
The laptop can read the copied files on the SD card no problem, but the Karaoke maching cannot.

Hope this is ok.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

From all this confusing info I gather two pertinent facts. The player in question does play MP3+G files AND the karaoke songs on your laptop are MP3+G files (one .cdg and one .mp3 per song).

If these indeed are the facts the answer to you original question is to simply copy the MP3+G files from your laptop onto an SD card.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I just noticed that you have MP3+G listed as a Video Format. It is not a video format... just FYI.
crazyface

Post by crazyface »

Sooooooo, if I just copy both the files (mp3 format sound and the cdg file) for each song onto the SD card it should work? By copying I mean just drag and drop. Yes?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

crazyface wrote:Sooooooo, if I just copy both the files (mp3 format sound and the cdg file) for each song onto the SD card it should work? By copying I mean just drag and drop. Yes?
The file pairs are MP3+G karaoke song tracks. You were told that the karaoke machine supports playing MP3+G song files from an SD card. So yes, copy and paste or drag and drop the files to the SD card and that should do it.
crazyface

Post by crazyface »

Many thanks wiseman. Just one more.

The files on my laptop are linked (you know, I've linked them though the "Open with" on my laptop) to a bit of software called Siglos Karaoke so have that icon against them. So when I copy them they copy with this icon against them.

Would this hinder the Karaoke machine in the pub from playing them?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The icons merely show that the files are associated with Siglos on THAT computer. They have nothing to do with the files themselves.
crazyface

Post by crazyface »

Nearly there now.I've just legged it to the pub and back and I'm getting a message off the pub player on screen when attempting to play songs from the card of SEQ PLAY.

What's this?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

SEQ is typically an abbreviation for "sequence" or "sequential". It appears the machine may be asking if you want to play the songs in sequence but this is just a guess. You need to check the machine's user manual.

When Sandy replied to you before he asked you for some information including the make and model of the karaoke machine. There are reasons for this and "god knows who the manufacturer is" is not an answer. This information will be clearly displayed somewhere on the machine.
crazyface

Post by crazyface »

It seems to be a standard karaoke machine. I've, by chance contacted the supplier and they say and I quote "you cannot copy and paste these files from a laptop they have to be ripped to the SD card".

Which is why the machine cannot read the card. I'm off now to watch my grandson play footie. If you can suggest some software that can do this. Power karaoke cannot as you cannot get the software to rip from the laptop it wants a cd.

Help !