songs copying twice to dvd or usb

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
Arthros

songs copying twice to dvd or usb

Post by Arthros »

Greetings to all in here. This is my first post to this website.
My question is:
I have ripped my cdg's and now I have two files cdg and mp3. When I move these files to usb, it puts every song in the usb twice. I also burned the songs to dvd using Roxio creator 10 and it still puts each song twice on the dvd. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Welcome to the forum.

The mp3 and cdg file pairs are referred to as MP3+G karaoke songs. Are you saying that you are getting two mp3 files and two cdg files for each song when you copy them to a USB device?
Arthros

Post by Arthros »

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that is correct. When I copy the two files to usb it copies twice. Number 1 and 2 are the same song. Number 3 and 4 the same song and so on. I am really baffled by it.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

This really makes no sense at this point. What is your purpose for copying the files to the USB device? Please be specific as to what software or hardware player that's involved.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi Arthros,
welcome to the forum.

As Wiseguy has said in the post above, "this really makes no sense".

I was a computer service engineer for 4 years and one thing has ALWAYS been true (so far, anyway).

You can NOT have identical file names in the same folder.

Unless Micros**t has done something very new since XP, it's simply impossible. Even mixing up the case of the names won't work.

For example;

SF001 - stewart, rod - maggie may.mp3

SF001 - STEWART, ROD - MAGGIE MAY.MP3

WILL NOT copy into the same folder without a dialogue box popping up asking if you REALLY want to overwrite the previously copied file. NOTE, "overwrite" NOT copy as well.

Logically, therefore, what you're seeing isn't real or you've discovered some anomaly in Micros**t.

As Wiseguy further said, INFORMATION is key to finding out what's going on.

However, I'm not bothered about WHY you're copying to an USB drive, I'm more interested in how you're doing it and what software you're using.

So, first up, give us the following info;

1) your operating system, XP, Vista, 7, Linux.

2) an EXACT copy of the two file names you are copying (and I DO mean EXACT, right down to the last space, dot, hyphen)

3) the name of the software you are using to copy the files to the USB drive, e.g. Windows Explorer, etc.

4) the name of the software you use to examine the USB drive after the copy, assuming it's NOT the same as the copying software.

5) an EXACT copy of the four file names you see as the copies (and I DO mean EXACT, right down to the last space, dot, hyphen)

When you have done this, examine VERY CAREFULLY the files you see as "identical".

Are they REALLY identical, or is there any very slight difference?

Are they in the same folder (daft, I know but stranger things have happened).

When you have this info, please post your findings.

Sandy.
Arthros

Post by Arthros »

Thanks for taking time to help. First of all let me state that I am not a computer whiz and If I sound ignorant, that's the reason why. I have a RSQAudio NK2000U machine. It has usb slot as well as a cd player to play karaoke cdg's. My operating system is a windows 7 ultimate. I have a lot of .bin karaoke songs that I want to play but the NK200u would not play .bin files. I ripped the .bin file which gave me two files. One being a .cdg file and the other being a .mp3 file. I then copied the two files to a usb stick and then plugged it into the NK2000u machine and it worked great. However the songs showed up twice. This is a sample of the files for one song. M:\Alan Jackson - Gone Country.cdg and M:\Alan Jackson - Gone Country.mp3. I tried just coping the .cdg file and the song would show up once on the usb but with no music. I wanted to use the usb because I have put 400 songs on it and it works great on my machine but instead of 400 I have 800 songs. Two of the same song. I have the songs on my hard drive and I open up explorer plug in my usb and simply drag the cdg and mp3 file together to the usb. Like I stated it works great but for the fact that song number 1 is Alan Jackson "Gone Country" and song number 2 is Alan Jackson "Gone Country". I have enough problems singing it once but having to sing it twice almost kills me. :lol:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

This is odd. I just went through the RSQ NK-2000U user manual and it doesn't indicate that the player even supports MP3+G. I was hoping to find it would play this format as a zip file which would have solved your problem easily.

Placing only one file of an MP3+G file pair on the USB will never work because it needs both files to play. One file is the audio and the other is the graphics (lyrics).

Ok Sandy... your turn. :)
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Arthros wrote:I ripped the .bin file which gave me two files. One being a .cdg file and the other being a .mp3 file. I then copied the two files to a usb stick and then plugged it into the NK2000u machine and it worked great. However the songs showed up twice. This is a sample of the files for one song. M:\Alan Jackson - Gone Country.cdg and M:\Alan Jackson - Gone Country.mp3. I tried just coping the .cdg file and the song would show up once on the usb but with no music.
Aaaaah!!!

The comments above, I think give the clue we're after.

It looks like your NEO player is showing BOTH the .CDG and the .MP3 files and your assumption is that they're the same.

When you see the files on your player, are the extension names different, i.e. .CDG and .MP3?

Does it even show the extensions?

If they are, then yor machine doesn't seem able to differentiate between the two and that'll be why you "THINK" you're seeing TWO files the SAME but they're actually not.

Check what's on your USB drive with Windows Explorer, or whatever it's called on Win 7 and see if both files are there.

IMPORTANT NOTE;
both files might show up as the same name because Bill Gates thinks we are all thick as s**t and has "hidden" the extension names UNLESS you opt to view them.

In XP Explorer, when you look at files, click on "Tools" at the top, then select "Folder options" then "View".

You will see a number of check boxes that you can check or uncheck.

Go down the list until you find the "Hide file extension for known file types" ande make sure it's unticked.

thereafter, you will be able to see the extensions.

Check your USB drive again and see that you actually only have two DIFFERENT files now.

I'd suggest the problem is with your NEO player and like Wiseguy, I can't frind any obvcious indicator that it actually plays MP3+G.

Contact RSQ direct and I'm sure they will help you out as they have been only too ready to assist in the past.

Sandy.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

You do have another option. The player does support MP4 video files. You could use Power CD+G to iPod Karaoke Converter to convert the BIN files to MP4 files and play these from the USB device.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

wiseguy wrote:You do have another option. The player does support MP4 video files. You could use Power CD+G to iPod Karaoke Converter to convert the BIN files to MP4 files and play these from the USB device.
Alternatively, since it is a NEO+G player, he could look at the (rather) long post here;

http://www.karaoke-tutor.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=1322

on how to create NEO+G discs with up to 400 songs per disc?

Sandy.