Burning CD+G files direct to a DVD

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
Ramz

Burning CD+G files direct to a DVD

Post by Ramz »

Hi all, i've created some custom CD+G Cd's and I can fit approx 15-20 songs on a disk. Was wondering if I burned them to a blank DVD I could get many more songs on 1 disk, would this work and would a Karaoke player recognise CD+G on a DVD Disk?. Thx

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi there.
I would imagine it is very unlikely that your software would even be able to burn a DVD as CD+G in the first place.

CD's and DVD's have completely different formatting as far as AV files are concerned.

However, assuming you are using a DVD karaoke player, does your player not support MP3+G?

If so, then you would be able to get 100's of tracks on a DVD.

Sandy
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Ramz

Post by Ramz »

Thanks Sandy, I'm new to the Karaoke world. I have inherited lots of cd+g files and just wondered if I could simply use DVD media instead of CD's using Power CDG burner software. I don't really want to spend hours converting them to AV or Mpeg files, just hoped I could get more on a disk, and wondered if my player would read a DVD full of cd+g files same as it reads a cd+g CD.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Define inherited? given. There are no discs that came with them? I high doubt you could legally use them unless it was for home use and even then it could be construed as illegal.
Ramz

Post by Ramz »

Its ok DanG, Sure I have all the disks almost 200 of them but my Uncle I inherited them from had backed up all the cd+g files from the disks onto a usb hard drive which I also got. I would just like to create compilations of certain songs and music genres that appeal to me, my friends and family, and istead of ripping the files from the disks again I may as well use the backup files.