USB stick

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
WillK

USB stick

Post by WillK »

Hello all

I wonder if anyone can help me with a downloading files problem. I have some dvd discs and wanted to transfer them to a usb stick (flash drive) to make them easier to use on my vocal star vs 600.
I tried it out with a small number of songs (.VOB files) and a (relatively old) 1gb stick - it worked fine.
I then purchased a 64gb stick to transfer more songs but I can't get the songs to play from this one.
The song appears on screen for one second and then freezes and says ‘initializing’. Any ideas?
I did see somewhere someone suggesting a 32gb stick might work better but I couldn't think why.

I'm not very technical so would be really grateful if answers can cover the basics.

Many thanks

wiseguy
Site Admin

Re: USB stick

Post by wiseguy »

The first thing to do is to make sure the USB stick is formatted to FAT32 as it will not work with your player if it is not. There is a video on how to do this on Windows 10 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMGS7DeG_HY. The user manual doesn't state the maximum size the USB drive can be. All it says is that it must not contain over 2,000 files. If formatting the USB device to FAT32 doesn't work then you should probably try a smaller one.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
WillK

Re: USB stick

Post by WillK »

Thanks for that. Stick is formatted FAT32 so might try a smaller gb. Thanks 👍🏼
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads