PROBLEMS WITH THE ODD SUNFLY TRACK CONVERTING TO BIN FILE

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
shaunjones

PROBLEMS WITH THE ODD SUNFLY TRACK CONVERTING TO BIN FILE

Post by shaunjones »

Hi

Can anyone help, I have a number of tracks on my computer as mp3 and cdg files. I am using cue2ccd, clonecd and mp3toolz, most tracks when I try to convert to bin files have no problem at all however I have one track which just doesn't want to convert, all the other tracks within the same folder will convert fine. Any ideas please, could it be copy protection. The strange thing is when I attempt to convert the mp3 and cdg file as a bin it changes the file size of the mp3 to 0kb. The track plays fine on the computer using winamp.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Shaun

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I have one track which just doesn't want to convert, all the other tracks within the same folder will convert fine.
When you play the track with Winamp, are you using the CDG plugin? And if so, is the graphics portion of the track displaying? I'm asking this because the usual cause of the problem you are having is that the mp3+g file pairs are not named exactly the same and Winamp will not display the graphics if this is the case.

I seriously doubt that this is a case of copy protection as the protection would prevent the track from being successfully extracted from the original disc. If the file name is not the problem then I would have to think that either the cdg or the mp3 file is corrupt. You should try to locate another copy of the song.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
shaunjones

Post by shaunjones »

I checked to see that the files are named exactly, i have even tried to rename them ie 'test.mp3' and 'test.cdg' but unfortunately it doesn't make any difference. i am using winamp and have installed the cdg plugin. It plays fine on screen with no errors.
bryant

shaun problem

Post by bryant »

sometimes
Suzie Q's Kool Karaoke