firmware question

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
azsmiley

firmware question

Post by azsmiley »

Ok, I've posted before about my CDR not being able to record a CD+G from authoring software, yet Nero Toolz shows it can record CD+G's. I caught, in a forum for DVD copying, someone had problems with recording a movie, they upgraded their firmware whatever their drive brand name was to Pioneer's newest firmware for CDR's, and it worked for that instance. Would something like that work for my prob w/ CD+G's? This firmware upgrading stuff makes me nervous. I'm always afraid I'm going to hose something up and not be able to recover.

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

You should always upgrade the firmware of your drives to the latest version. The upgrades usually contain bug fixes and/or added features. Make ABSOLUTELY SURE that you download the firmware update for the EXACT make and model of your drive. For instance, you cannot use Pioneer firmware to upgrade an HP drive. Installing the wrong firmware can render your drive useless.

Your first step should be to find out exactly what make and model your drive is. You may be able to find this in your system hardware properties. It should also be displayed in the drive selection field in Nero. Once you have this information you should send an email to the drive's manufacturer and ask them if it does support the CD+G format. Many drives that do support CD+G do not list the format in the drive's specs.