Testing Copied CDs

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
qsac

Testing Copied CDs

Post by qsac »

Hello

I bought my girlfriend a Karaoke machine for christmas. I am burning CD+G for her too.

Is there anyway on my computer that i can test to see if they are being burned correctly?

Thanks
Q

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Download a trial copy of Power CD+G Player http://www.powerkaraoke.com/download/cd ... osetup.exe and see if it will play them. If not, you are probably using the wrong burning software or a non CDG compatible burner or both.
qsac

Post by qsac »

I downlaoded that trial version, but i cant figure out how to play them

Is there a special way to play from CD?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

you probably need to copy them to hard drive first using cdrwin or if you have microstudio then you can test it out with that straight from the disc. I'm partial to microstudio due to that feature. Even though for running shows on computer I prefer RoxBox.
PaleRider

Post by PaleRider »

The best thing that I do when playing the "burnt" copies is to actually play them on my karaoke player. I know that you don't have to have a cd+g compatable burner, as long as it can do the RAW. I know that the WinAmp can play the computer versions...

Let me know if I can assist.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I know that you don't have to have a cd+g compatable burner, as long as it can do the RAW
If you are going to play CDG graphics from disc on a computer you DO have to have a CDG compatible drive. You can burn karaoke bin files to disc with any burner that supports writing in RAW mode.
PaleRider

Post by PaleRider »

That is right there. I know that I have the dual layer/double format Lite On burners, they don't play the cd+g, but I can rip them off in the cdg format whereas I can play them on my computer.

As long as I have an external hard drive, I am not worried if I can play them straight off of the cd-rom, when I can store them on the hard drive for playing later.