more questions about burning?

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
bourbenz

more questions about burning?

Post by bourbenz »

I have power cd+g. when I burn and then go to look at the files they are in cda format how do I know if they have succesfully put the music and graphics on the cd?
I also would like a way to test the burned cds right on my computer. what good is a program if it cant verify that it worked?

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The files on any CDG disc will show up as CDA. You can try using Power CD+G Player to play them on your PC or you could use the Microstudio burning software that includes it's own player.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
bourbenz

Post by bourbenz »

wiseguy wrote:The files on any CDG disc will show up as CDA. You can try using Power CD+G Player to play them on your PC or you could use the Microstudio burning software that includes it's own player.
I've tried the power cd+g player it plays computer files (cd+g) fine but wont play cda files that the cd+g burner created.

Is there a standalone program that is out there to just load a cd with the cda files and see if the graphics are on there?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

If Power CD+G Player will not display the graphics of a CDG disc then your CDROM drive is not compatible and no software applications will work.
letitrip

Post by letitrip »

Before you give up, try Tricerasofts CDG Ripper. I've heard of success getting that to work with drives that no other software would work with. You can get a demo version from their website.
Let It Rip Karaoke
DJ Tony
http://www.letitripkaraoke.com
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

YOu also might want to try www.kjamp.com which has the only variable rate ripper on the market. It will not only rip but also name encode and zip the songs. It either uses the built in database or KJPro 1 & 2 databases. I've had luck ripping using a stock Dell writer and it's DVD reader.