converting cdg disks to mp3+g files

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
mwadeson

converting cdg disks to mp3+g files

Post by mwadeson »

I just bought pcdj kj vrm and am looking to convert my cdg disks to mp3+g files when i read into the manual it tells me i need a seperate converter to put the audio and video file together. I don't have alot of disks to do so i don't want to spend any money to do it. Because I could spend that money on new songs instead. If someone could help me i would appreciate it.

Thanks
Mwadeson
RiverBend Ent.
Still Mean Not so lean Always a Marine

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

For a measily five bucks you can get KJripNzip. If you have KJPro 1.5 or 2.0, you can use that database for naming your songs. The website is www.kjamp.com.
Or you could use Audiograbber which is freeware. with it you either have to name with freedatabase or name the tracks yourself. advantage of Audiograbber is that you can normalize as you rip. Disadvantage is you have to go out and get lame mp3 encoder yourself as it is not included in the install and you can't zip the files using audiograbber, you need mp3+gtoolz to do that.
KJripNzip, while it does not have the normalizing feature does it all from naming your songs, encoding to mp3 and cdg and then zipping the two files together.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

Does anybody have a list of external Hp Cd Drives that can be used to rip cdgs some tech told me that is what i have to do. Also with PCDJ when you choose which drive your are supposed to choose aspi how do i get that on the external drive i have choosen
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I don't know of any external HP drives but I use this CDG Certified External Mount made by Sony.

ASPI (Advanced SCSI Programming Interface) is installed on the operating system and not on an external storage device.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I had an hp8200e that worked well, in fact still worked after I replaced it with an internal Plextor that no longer works. I gave the writer to a friend and am considering getting it back for my use.
mwadeson

Post by mwadeson »

I have a hp8200e but when i go to choose it in pcdj cnfg menu it says gen win 32 instead of aspi why if anyone can help it would be appreciated.