Lyric Colors Wrong On Copied CD+G Songs

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
tetonbuck

Lyric Colors Wrong On Copied CD+G Songs

Post by tetonbuck »

Howdy!

I've encountered problems with the lyrics being the wrong/different colors on my copied CD+Gs than on the original when playing in my karaoke machine (JVC 303). This is particularly true on Chartbuster songs. After burning, they DO play in the correct color when playing them back on my computer using an evaluation copy of Power CDG Player Pro. The words SHOULD be gold on a blue background & change to white when sung. However, the words come up white on a blue background & swipe white, which of course can't be seen. I've tried several types of blank media; Maxell audio CDR, Mitsui silver CDR & Verbatim Datalife CDR. They all play fine on my computer, but don't on my karaoke machine. I burn them using Power CD+G Burner on my Plextor drive & everything works successfully but the word color.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I use quality cables. Could it by my player? Suggestions? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

-Buck-

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

In every song on every disc or just some?

Scratches or dirt or finger prints on the discs. I have a disc polisher and I clean them really well before I attempt to copy.

The complete info to make the correct colors is not getting copied for some reason. There are some bytes of info that can not be read.

You could try slowing down the copy speed.

I'm guessing poor original disc quality.

Are you using colored blanks CDs? Throw them away.

Use silver ones only.

Do you have some way to clean the laser?

The laser could be out of adjustment too. Or the player is crapping out on you.
tetonbuck

Post by tetonbuck »

Thanks for the response Big Dog!

>In every song on every disc or just some?

From what I've seen so far, all my Chartbuster & Pop Hits have this problem - Even the originals. Other manufacturers copy OK. But they all play correctly on my computer.

>Scratches or dirt or finger prints on the discs. I have a disc polisher and I clean them really well before I attempt to copy.

>The complete info to make the correct colors is not getting copied for some reason. There are some bytes of info that can not be read.

But I think the info is being copied OK because my copies play correctly on my computer.

>You could try slowing down the copy speed.

I burned at 1x & 4x - no difference.

>I'm guessing poor original disc quality.

Maybe.

>Are you using colored blanks CDs? Throw them away.

No, I don't have any.

>Use silver ones only.

I tried - same result.

>Do you have some way to clean the laser?

I have a laser cleaning CD that I run regularly.

>The laser could be out of adjustment too. Or the player is crapping out on you.

I hope I don't have to purchase another player. If so, any suggestions? This problem occurs on my JVC & also on a little portable I keep at home. I'm stumped! Any other suggestions? Thanks again for your help Big Dog!
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Some karaoke disc players have a hard time reading CDR discs. Some players can't read them at all and others don't read them properly which can cause all sorts of problems like broken graphics and incorrect colors.
tetonbuck

Post by tetonbuck »

wiseguy wrote:Some karaoke disc players have a hard time reading CDR discs. Some players can't read them at all and others don't read them properly which can cause all sorts of problems like broken graphics and incorrect colors.
My players read all manufacturers' (except those noted) discs as well as my backup discs. The originals & copies play the same. Do you think it might be something in the manufacturing process of those companies? I guess karaoke players (and/or software or drivers) aren't as "disc friendly" as computer CD-ROM drives? The graphics & music are just fine - it's just some of the colors are incorrect. I just can't figure out why some manufacturers' discs play fine and others won't. This has been a problem from the beginning. For some reason, the players don't recognize the colors as easily as the computer, i.e.; incorrect white instead of correct gold. I might just have to steer clear of certain brands, I guess? Thanks for your help. Have a good one!

-Buck-
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Off the wall question. Is the color set right on the TV monitor you are using?

What model JVC?

I have gone through about 6-7 JVC XL-SV22.

I refuse to waste any more money on players. I have gone to computer.

It's sounds like the player is going bad. Laser alignment?

I only buy Sony discs. On sale :lol: