New problem i think?

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
mago

New problem i think?

Post by mago »

I have a DVD player with karaoke function, with a couple of microphone connections.
I find it almost impossible to get any karaoke dvds in my country, so i resorted to internet and friends, from which i got a collection of 12 disks that occupy a total of 1.68gb. The disks have 2 kind of files per song, MP3 and CDG, both with the same name like "track01.mp3" and "track01.cdg".
I burnt them onto a dvd disk using POWER CD+G burner, and the machine plays the mp3 files fine, but the cdg are nowhere to be seen.
I called the manufacturer of the player and they tell me that the machine can only read original DVD Karaoke discs, or discs that are in any karaoke DVD format.
My question: is there any way of converting those files i have and burn them on a dvd disc with a format that my machine can read?.
Sorry about the long explanation, but i didnt want to leave out any kind of information that you guys might need to help me with this.
I appreciate anything you can tell me. Thanks very much!

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

What you have are MP3+G song tracks. Very few players, if any, can play these from a DVD disc. If your player will play CDG karaoke discs then you need to use Power CD+G Burner to create karaoke CDG discs from the MP3+G files. You will use standard CD-R media.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Powerkaraoke has software to convert CD+G to AVI and then to burn to DVD.
mago

Post by mago »

Thank you!, i will try to use the AVI option first because my player doesnt recognise CDG as far as i know, and i will let you know how i get on with it.
mago

Post by mago »

Well, it seems power CD+G burner does not have any option to convert cd+g to AVI, at least not the one i have. Does this mean that i have to use only CD-Rs and not DVDs?.
How about BIN format, do you think my player might read that one?.
Sorry if these questions seem silly, but i have no idea whatsoever of this karaoke world... trying to learn though!
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Power CD+G Burner does not handle video files. You would need a separate program, Power CD+G to AVI, in order to convert the MP3+G's to AVI video. But even then you would still need additional software to convert the AVI files to a format that can be used to create a DVD. It's really not worth the hassle.

What is the make and model of your karaoke player?
mago

Post by mago »

I doubt you would know it, its a spanish brand, SUPRATECH VISION ELECTRA. Then theres no way for me to use all this 12 disks worth of files from my hard disk in my karaoke player machine?. I just find it so difficult to find any karaoke dvds in Spain, and i would hate to throw away my karaoke player without having used it even once.
If anyone has any ideas, please tell me.
And thanks for all the answers!
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

This thing is basically just a DVD player with microphone inputs. Without features like CD+G support and digital key control it really doesn't qualify as a "karaoke player".

If you really want to use this player then what's to stop you from ordering DVD karaoke discs online?
mago

Post by mago »

Because i want to try to use what i have first and save some money, if i cant then i will have to do what you say.
Can you tell me of any real karaoke machine players in the market that are not too expensive?
Thanks again!