Help! Burning

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
blondee43

Help! Burning

Post by blondee43 »

Hi all: I have been on so many different sites looking for a solution, I was wondering if someone can help me. Here is my plight!
I have had a computer crash/ reformatted. but before this I used Power Karaoke burner, and liked it, worked well and was simple. Now since my computer has been back up and running I am unable to get through a burn, I shouldn't say that I have been able to burn a few CD's but then when I go to do it again it won't work.

I am using the same cd drive (dvd burner), and same computer and am so frustrated, I have gone through so many ruined cdr's.

I have been in touch with support at Power Karaoke we have tried a few things but they have said maybe my burner does not support, but it does, because it is the same burner I was using before my crash.

I feel like I am missing something, but don't know what it is?
Can someone give me some suggestions, on another burner or a solution
Thank you all

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The first thing I would try is to update the DVD burner's firmware if possible. If that doesn't work you might try a demo version of Microstudio to test the drive further. If you still can't get a successful burn you should probably consider getting a new burner.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

but.....it could have updated itself and maybe...it was working with an older driver version.... :?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Bigdog wrote:but.....it could have updated itself and maybe...it was working with an older driver version.... :?
Firmware and drivers are not the same thing. CD and DVD drives install with generic drivers that are supplied by the Windows operating system and updates (from Windows update service) are rare. Firmware updates information in a computer chip inside the drive itself and is never updated automatically. You must visit the drive manufacturer's website to check for firmware updates.
blondee43

Post by blondee43 »

I will try both, I thank you for the quick reply, I was very surprised. Thank you.
I know this sounds stupid but, how do you know what your make of DV D burner is? Where would I find this? I know sounds stupid..
Thank you again
blondee43

Post by blondee43 »

OMG, I just tried, what you suggested and downloaded microstudio, and within minutes it burned a cd. I can't believe it. I was told that the it was my burner, and I am usuing Karaoke Creator program and burner, I purchased it a couple years ago and no trouble easy to use and then the crash to my computer and have been trying again for about 3 months now,

Needless to say I have wasted about 100 cdr's. I thank you so much for al your help. I guess I will have to purchase this program now right?

Again thank you so much my frustration level has just gone down. 8) :D
blondee43

Post by blondee43 »

Does anyone know why one program that I used for a couple years will no longer work but this microstudio will.
I hate the thoughts of having to pay again for a program that I had that used to work

I will if I have to though
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

If Power Karaoke support could not help you with their software then I doubt that anyone here will be able to. Did you try posting this problem in the Power Karaoke forum?

Microstudio is a very nice program as it also allows you to play your CDG discs on your computer with key control and record features.
blondee43

Post by blondee43 »

Yes I have been in touch many times with support at power karaoke, I liked the program because it was simple, but Microstudio seems simple enough to use too.
Is there anything I should know before I purchase the program, like any little quirks, or is there a better program?
And I want to thank you again for all of the help it is so much appreciated. :)
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

It's very strange that Power Karaoke has not been able to help you. Did they ask you to send them the cdgblog.txt file? With that they can figure out what is going on.

Microstudio is a great program for burning and playing karaoke discs. I don't believe there is a superior CDG burning application available anywhere.
dago1000

Post by dago1000 »

Hello to all.........My son received a Karaoke Machine (The Singing Machine) for Xmas and I have been trying to burn him a CD since
the day after Xmas. A friend of mine gave me a bunch of Karaoke
songs which our on my computer. Some of the songs the files our
KAR and the other CDG & MP3. The files work on my computer using
Quick Time Player. I tried a few different softwares to burn a CD and
no luck. I am in need of any INFO on which file to burn,what software
to use ETC. Any INFO would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this
so I hope I provided enough INFO............
(BURN KARAOKE SONG TO CD TO WORK ON KARAOKE PLAYER)
thanks...
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Forget about the .kar files, you will not be able to use them with the karaoke machine.

The .cdg .mp3 file pairs are known as mp3+g karaoke song tracks. These files can be used to create a CDG disc that will play on the karaoke machine. You will need the proper software like Power CD+G Burner or Microstudio.

Both of these programs work with most modern CD and DVD burners and there are demo versions that will allow you to test your burner.