Burning karaoke songs to a cd.

Karaoke disc copying software and CD burners.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
angie

Burning karaoke songs to a cd.

Post by angie »

Hi, I downloaded a bunch of Karaoke Essential Cds from utorrent. I opened the file and all the songs are in a winzip file. I unzipped some of them. Now how and what do I use to get these songs and lyrics on a cd to play in a karaoke machine?I need to know what program to use to convert them and what program to use to burn them on a disc. I have a Nero program but don't know where to go there to burn them off. Any step by step help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Umm I am not sure that you're gonna get much help here if you are a KJ because torrents aren't legal copies. You need the originals to be legal.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi Angie,
legality aside, if you've unzipped the files, you should find yourself with an MP3 file and a CDG file, example below;

SF001-1 - Stewart, Rod - Maggie Mae.MP3
SF001-1 - Stewart, Rod - Maggie Mae.CDG

If you have a standard CD/DVD recorder and you burn the files to a disc, you'll find that the audio will be fine but there will be no lyrics as they record in a special manner on the discs and not all recorders can do this.

Download a free utility called Nero Infotoolz and run it on your PC.

This utility will tell you everything and more about your CD/DVD burner and the front screen has a check box telling you if your burner supports CDG read/write.

If it does, then your best bet is to get a proprietary karaoke disc burning package, like Power Karaoke CDG burner.

If you Google for it, you will find it and it's pretty cheap.

Follow the instructions and you should be O.K.

Now, having read all that and you intend to play your tracks on a PC, then ignore all the above :mrgreen: and get a karaoke player package that plays directly from ZIP file, e.g. Sax & Dotty's, Trikaraoke (free, by the way), Siglos or Karma.

All these packages play directly from the ZIP file.

Sandy
P.S. downloading is illegal, so on your own shoulders be it, if you get caught. :mrgreen:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Forget the Nero info tool, you don't need it. Power CD+G Burner works with nearly all modern CD and DVD burners. Even the cheap LiteOn and HP burners. Just try the demo version and see if it works with yours.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

wiseguy wrote:Forget the Nero info tool, you don't need it. Power CD+G Burner works with nearly all modern CD and DVD burners. Even the cheap LiteOn and HP burners. Just try the demo version and see if it works with yours.
Perfectly true, UNTIL you try and play the discs back on your PC to see if all is O.K.

If the drive isn't CDG compatible, you have to either wait 'till you get to a gig, or put together your Karaoke kit to verify it.

Sandy
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

The Nero info tool is practically worthless. It gives false information much of the time. Many times people have contacted me asking why their old CD or DVD drive doesn't read CD+G discs even though Nero says it can.

A much more reliable way to test your drive's CD+G playing capability is to install a demo copy of Power CD+G Player Pro.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

or siglos karaoke recorder player also made by powerkaraoke
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

wiseguy wrote:The Nero info tool is practically worthless. It gives false information much of the time. Many times people have contacted me asking why their old CD or DVD drive doesn't read CD+G discs even though Nero says it can.

A much more reliable way to test your drive's CD+G playing capability is to install a demo copy of Power CD+G Player Pro.
Sorry, got to disagree.

I've never found an incorrect drive definition from Infotools.

Sandy
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I have. When I had an HP external it refused to reckognize the cd+g capability even though Microstudio and CDrwin worked with it.