Christian and non drinker Karaoke

Games and other ideas to spice up your karaoke shows.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
etechstan

Christian and non drinker Karaoke

Post by etechstan »

I've been a musician for years and a couple I go to church with a opening a Christian coffee house. My wife comes up with the idea that I can help them attract customers by getting a karaoke set up and providing an occasional karaoke night for them. They love the idea. Then we started thinking about how karaoke is mainly done in bars or restaurants with bars. There is a large population of sober people who would probably love to partake in the fun if it were done outside of an alcohol related establishment. I hope this grows.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

There are plenty of non drinkers who would enjoy this. I know because I do a monthly show for a non drinking nonprofit organization that has since asked me to stop alternating months between dances and karaoke and just do the karaoke. recently I was lucky if I got two songs for the singers and can see it growing. This is only a two hour show.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Bar owners are complaining about not making enough money from the drinkers.

Who is going to make any money when nobody drinks?

Donation karaoke...you'll starve.

If they pay you a dollar a song...you'll get $60 in 4 hours.

Sure everyone will have fun if nobody is worried about getting paid...
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Got agree with Bigdog on this.

It's all very well if it's something you are willing to do a couple of times a year for no pay and if you only need to take minimal equipment to the show.

However, if it turns into a regular thing then it's time to get paid for it or, like it or not, you will have the urine taken by the "crowd".

You only get a free lunch if someone is daft enough to provide it.

Sandy.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I get paid for mynonprofit show. Never said I didn't.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Weekly????

I didn't think so.... :roll:
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

This one is monthly and I get a good size crowd, most of them singers. So don't knock it until you try it.
etechstan

Post by etechstan »

Not in it for the money, we are fairly well off. I will mainly be doing it for area churches and any place that would need an attraction. My own little karaoke ministry.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

etechstan wrote:Not in it for the money, we are fairly well off. I will mainly be doing it for area churches and any place that would need an attraction. My own little karaoke ministry.
Same her for the client I serve. I would do it for free if I didn't need the gas money.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

etechstan wrote:Not in it for the money, we are fairly well off. I will mainly be doing it for area churches and any place that would need an attraction. My own little karaoke ministry.
In that case, the very best of luck in your endeavours.

Sandy.