Karaoke Show Idea

Games and other ideas to spice up your karaoke shows.
SingingDoc

Karaoke Show Idea

Post by SingingDoc »

During one rotation (of which you have already announced to the room that you are doing this) have the KJ pick the songs that singers are to sing...randomly of course. Call it Kamakaze Karaoke. This method allows the singers to try a new song and allows the host/audience to hear something other than the same ole songs singers sing. It can be a hoot if introduced right.

Krissyoke

Post by Krissyoke »

Good idea. I've done this on slow nights when there aren't too many singers around and the 'die hards' are singing the same old songs that they sing every night! It relieves the boredom a bit - and it can be great fun too!
"Sing like there's nobody listening"
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
azsmiley

Post by azsmiley »

I got hit with a kamakaze karaoke at my friend's show. Show threw me a song that I didn't even know. I have now performed that song at least once a month. I get a good crowd reaction from it, too. (I think it's the song, but hey.. haha :lol: )
karaoke guy

Post by karaoke guy »

Sometimes I get a long list of singers. When I'm up over 20 people I will throw a random song up and ask for one person who wants to sing right now. I usually get about 6 people running to the stage. The first one to the stage gets to sing the song. This works because instead of people just sitting around waiting for their turn they are racing to sing. Everyone else likes to watch the race and the song is usually hilarious.
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

That will work until someone gets hurt or a fight breaks out. Then you have a liability factor, that you just created for the bar owner.