Message software

Games and other ideas to spice up your karaoke shows.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
bamarama

Message software

Post by bamarama »

Are there any programs out there that would let you post messages or images on the lyric screen while running a show?

I use karma so would need something that would work well with this program.

I am looking for something that would say, allow you to post an image or photo next the the person's name who is singing next or even currently singing on a different monitor. Or just allow you to post messages about events or specials, that sort or stuff.

Anything like this exist?

mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

A lot of the karaoke programs display info like who's on next automatically but if yours doesn't you could look at "http://www.screenmonkey.co.uk/"
The free version would do all that you are asking for, it is a presentation software that you can set up picture in picture windows on the external monitor and position the windows where you want, you can then select to show anything you want in these windows be it text, pictures, videos pre-recorded or live and web pages. anything you can display on a computer you can display in the windows and have them appear on top of your karaoke tracks at the click of a button. It also has a tickertape option where you could type in singers names to display anywhere on the screen you choose.|How it would integrate with karma I don't know but it can display on top of my software which is Hoster. I don't use it myself for this but do know it works. It may take you a little while to come to terms with it's functions and may find it too much bother trying to add too many things at your show. It would need setting up properly prior to your show so if you get regular singers you could store their pictures in it ready to display.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
mnementh

Re: Message software

Post by mnementh »

bamarama wrote:Are there any programs out there that would let you post messages or images on the lyric screen while running a show?

I use karma so would need something that would work well with this program.

I am looking for something that would say, allow you to post an image or photo next the the person's name who is singing next or even currently singing on a different monitor. Or just allow you to post messages about events or specials, that sort or stuff.

Anything like this exist?
Don't believe Karma allows picture addition but it certainly allows you to place a message onscreen via the "scroller" option in the video 2 page of the settings menu, along with the singer list.

Sandy
bamarama

Post by bamarama »

Thanks guys.

I am aware of the functions with Karma and they are great. I was hoping to augment the singers list by having small thumbnails of their photo on the same screen.

Maybe I will try something else or even write something on my own.

Thanks once again !!!!!
bamarama

Post by bamarama »

Thanks guys.

I am aware of the functions with Karma and they are great. I was hoping to augment the singers list by having small thumbnails of their photo on the same screen.

Maybe I will try something else or even write something on my own.

Thanks once again !!!!!
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

As an aside, I've contacted Latshaw Systems and as usual received a polite email back stating the suggestion to enable thumbnail photo's will be considered and might be included in a future release. :mrgreen:

Sandy.
bamarama

Post by bamarama »

Thanks for that update Sandy!!

I performed my first "return to the limelight" show last night. man did everyone have fun! System ran flawlessly and the singers had a great night without a single complaint about rotation or anything else.

I am stoked for the next :) :shock:
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

bamarama wrote:Thanks for that update Sandy!!

I performed my first "return to the limelight" show last night. man did everyone have fun! System ran flawlessly and the singers had a great night without a single complaint about rotation or anything else.

I am stoked for the next :) :shock:
Well done!

It's always great when things go to plan.

Keep it up!

Sandy.