Karaoke Boredom

Games and other ideas to spice up your karaoke shows.
Marlena

Karaoke Boredom

Post by Marlena »

I am new here.. Been doing Karaoke for about 4 years now at a few bars. But have lapsed all of my contracts but 1. i am now 5 nights a week and it's getting very boring for me. although i have 7,500 songs. i still have clients are getting bored. I started something a few years ago which is a mystery karaoke round. where every type of music is in a bucket and colored differently. Like Pink - Country.. Blue - rock... and Green - Alt.. they pick the color they want but sing whatever is on the paper.

I let that lapse about ayear ago in favor of a Category theme round. i pick the theme like. (singer's or songs with colors in their names) or (most over played song that you remember from the radio any era) things like this. I have also started a "bumper Round" Karaoke where i leave a CD play and if you can sing the song you just come up and grab the Mic and sing 4 lines than someone else comes up and sings but before you go back to the mic for a second turn you have to go back to your chair. these ideas have all worked just fine. But still i'm looking for new ideas!! I've added name that tune to many of my shows between round for about 10 minutes and best dancer contests and theme nights. I have done Singing contests as well for cash prizes. which brought the people in. I have set up a photo album in all of my books and have provided joke pages and interesting facts to all of my books to give "non singers" something to read, do and look at.. BUT i'm still looking for a Nitch!! any ideas please?

Marlena

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Hi Marlena and welcome to the forum!

My biggest concern at my shows is getting up as many singers as possible, to sing as many songs as possible, while keeping complaints to a minimum. I rarely stray from this unless I receive many requests for some dance music and then it's for no more than three or four songs. If I incorporated any of the things that you mentioned into my shows, I would very shortly be sitting there alone. I very rarely have time to become bored, but if I do I just think of it as part of the job. It is a job and a job cannot always be exciting.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Marlena

Post by Marlena »

i understand that it can't always be exciting. And i'm lucky cause my clients like when i add a round or 2 of name that tune. All of the other things i do use Karaoke in them. But where I come from, it seems 4 years and 5 nights a week in a bar is grading on the non singers nerves i was looking for something new to give them so it wasn't the same old same. Even with a follower base of over 200 it still gets to be the same old same old. same songs just different people, and although i understand it's karaoke I feel like there should be more i am doing for non singers. I just thought someone would have some interesting ideas.

If there are any let me know

Marlena
Shooter13

Post by Shooter13 »

It has been 4 months since this post but I had an idea I thought I may try. People enjoy trivia as you mentioned. Maybe come up with some good trivia bits about those songs that get sang every night. Between singers do a trivia question. Maybe first one to get 5 questions right gets a free drink??? Cheap, takes a while to work through 5 trivia questions with Karaoke in between and it ties the nonsingers in with the singer as well???
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I use 100% pure karaoke music all night. Nothing else, ever. If I tried any of those things people would kill me, :shock: then they would quit coming. :lol:

My crowds are use to nothing but singing. Nothing to waste valuable singing time. Back-to-back continuous, non stop karaoke music. No filler/dance music, ever.