Karaoke Roulette

Games and other ideas to spice up your karaoke shows.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Lolli2

Karaoke Roulette

Post by Lolli2 »

My boyfriend runs dj/kj shows 4-5 nights a week. He's usually very busy, but a couple years ago he was working at a pretty small place that a lot of people stopped going to. Anyway, there were only a few singers that night, so to get more people involved, he played karaoke roulette. Everyone that got involved got to pick a song out, write it down and throw it in the bucket. The catch...if they threw a song in, they had to pick one out. They might get their own or someone else's, so they always had fun figuring out if they should pick a good song or something like the Brady Bunch theme. It was really funny and I think some people might actually find some new songs they like singing.

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

I used to do that when I was disc based but did it differently. People would put in their song slips and would get the choice of taking a chance on roulette and saving their song selection for their next turn.
If they chose to sing their song then they had to do the roulette on their next turn. If they chose to take the chance with roulette then and there I would go to a person in the bar and have them pick a number between 1 and the number of discs I had available. I then went to another person and asked for a number between 1 and the number of tracks on the disc. Then the singer would have to sing that song. I rewarded them for trying and burning by allowing them to sing the song that they submitted to redeem themselves so that they never left the stage with a bitter taste. If they did well then that was their turn. Oh and they got a drink on the house (something I arranged with the owner ahead of time).
My present software doesn't allow for roulette but am considering renaming my files so that they are named right for a software that I happen to like better than the one I am using now.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

DanG2006 wrote:I used to do that when I was disc based but did it differently. People would put in their song slips and would get the choice of taking a chance on roulette and saving their song selection for their next turn.
If they chose to sing their song then they had to do the roulette on their next turn. If they chose to take the chance with roulette then and there I would go to a person in the bar and have them pick a number between 1 and the number of discs I had available. I then went to another person and asked for a number between 1 and the number of tracks on the disc. Then the singer would have to sing that song. I rewarded them for trying and burning by allowing them to sing the song that they submitted to redeem themselves so that they never left the stage with a bitter taste. If they did well then that was their turn. Oh and they got a drink on the house (something I arranged with the owner ahead of time).
My present software doesn't allow for roulette but am considering renaming my files so that they are named right for a software that I happen to like better than the one I am using now.
Okay I finally switched software but didn't need to rename any files cause I went with Compuhost instead of the other program I was interested in. Gave up the kiosk that allowed singers to enque their own songs. Oh well. I can still run a kiosk that isn't networked with my hosting computer if I chose to.