any other ideas?

Games and other ideas to spice up your karaoke shows.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Black_Mamba

any other ideas?

Post by Black_Mamba »

Hi all,

I am new here and would like to start off with a big hello! :P

I have been playing in bands (singing and guitar) for about 18 years and solo for the last 4 years. My partner and I have decided to provide a karaoke and disco show incase I become ill (flu) at some stage and need to cancel solo gigs. This has happened before and it isn't nice to cancel gigs at the last minute so I aim to offer either a karaoke or disco as an option for the venue so they don't need to chase up other entertainment for that night.

I have done a few karaoke shows for another DJ in town and found the nights become boring very quickly because we get the same people singing the same songs. I intend to try both Kamakaze Karaoke and the roulette idea as I believe both these ideas will go well. I am afraid they will wear out fairly quickly and people will get bored again if I don't keep things fresh. I believe we have a far superior setup (PC) than our competitors in the area and I know we can put on a great show, but if anyone has some other cool ideas to keep the show fresh, please share them :) Any help is much appreciated! :D

BTW, we are in NSW, Australia.

Cheers

Black_Mamba

Post by Black_Mamba »

I guess everyone is fresh out of ideas ? :lol: :roll:
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I have only one approach....I do nothing but karaoke. :idea: Someone sings every song from beginning to end (the entire 4 hours). No need for gimmicks or games or dance music or filler music. Just 100% karaoke music. Non stop. I find that is what the majority of karaoke singers go to karaoke for...singing.. :idea: .no games...or other B.S. :wink:

It keeps everyone there spending money and happy.
ProSoundKaraoke

Post by ProSoundKaraoke »

[quote="Bigdog"]I have only one approach....I do nothing but karaoke. :idea: Someone sings every song from beginning to end (the entire 4 hours). No need for gimmicks or games or dance music or filler music. Just 100% karaoke music. Non stop. I find that is what the majority of karaoke singers go to karaoke for...singing.. :idea: .no games...or other B.S. :wink:

It keeps everyone there spending money and happy.[/quote]

I agree 100%. But to keep your customers coming back, make it personal. I take lots of photos of my singers and their guests. I put these photos on a trophy wall where they are sure to see them when they return. This has made my customers feel more like it's their personal hangout and they don't even think about going elsewhere. I also work very hard at remembering everyones name.
do your best, use the best, then be the best
KJ Neal
Lorisupertalent

Post by Lorisupertalent »

I take my video camera along with me sometimes and put them on my website with a wee bit of background on the singers and their characters, and they seem to love it. I also try to discourage boring songs and ballad singers unless they are of the exceptional category.It keeps my karaoke upbeat and lively and gets everybody up dancing. This also means I don't get bored and I don't have to sing all night because everybody wants to come to the party and have their "15" ? minutes of fame.I do disco for the first hour, so they can have a few drinks and get in party mood, then by the time I am ready to start, I already have a wee list to be getting on with and from then it's karaoke all the way.
Lorisupertalent

Post by Lorisupertalent »

Oh, forgot to mention, I am a newbie too, so hello folks :D