regular Cd's

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Superstar

regular Cd's

Post by Superstar »

Okay, we are finally getting our CDG's imported into the new MTU laptop, with Hoster program. Can anyone tell me where we import our regular CD's?

DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

you should get audiograbber as it is a free mp3 importing software.

www.audiograbber.com-us.net/
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

you should get audiograbber as it is a free mp3 importing software.

Actually, AudioGrabber is a CD "ripper". Hoster has it's own importing functions for various file formats. You just need to import the regular CD's to a different folder than the karaoke files.
Superstar

Post by Superstar »

What if we already imported some of our regular CD's into the same "song" folder as our CDG's. Is there a way to move them to another folder before we print our books?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Is there a way to move them to another folder before we print our books?
You need to delete the DJ songs from the songbook. Then use Windows Explorer to move them to a separate folder , that you will create, named DJ Music for example. Although Hoster will play the DJ songs, it does not offer some nice features that DJ's commonly use, such as crossfading from one song to the next and beat matching. I suggest that you use a separate software program for indexing and playing your DJ music.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

MTU is cutting off their noses with their new security that requires users to reregister the program every three months. Just another reason not to buy the program. If you haven't upgraded to the next version don't.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

DanG2006 wrote:MTU is cutting off their noses with their new security that requires users to reregister the program every three months. Just another reason not to buy the program. If you haven't upgraded to the next version don't.
Okay I bit and fell for it again. No more though, if someone refrenses a post from another site I'm gonna read the post they are referring to before jumping to the conclusions they want me to jump to. After reading the entire post and the rest of the thread the post was in made me think that maybe admin at mtu was just venting and not seriously thinking of what was originally cut and pasted out of context the reader was supposed to get from the disgruntled poster's post. would appreciate admin deleting the previous message as it is misleading as I was mislead.
Superstar

Post by Superstar »

What software do we need to get and how much does it cost?
Superstar

Post by Superstar »

We've been playing our DJ music & karaoke music out of the same program for now, & it works fine, only problem is printing our books. We just got the system & havent upgraded to anything. Do we need to update for what we're doing?
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

Actually I believe you can use any wordprocessor program that reckognizes RTF format which is what I believe what MTU uses to generate their books.
You can also use access to make your books with as well.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Actually I believe you can use any wordprocessor program that reckognizes RTF format which is what I believe what MTU uses to generate their books.

Good advice there DanG2006. Too bad the RTF file isn't delimited in a way that would allow it to be imported into Excel.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wiseguy wrote:

Good advice there DanG2006. Too bad the RTF file isn't delimited in a way that would allow it to be imported into Excel.
Their songbook grew from karaoke speedbook. I find that format rather lacking but there really isn't any other options for MTU HOster when dealing with songlists.
I am glad I chose to stay MP3+G format as there are several choices for dealing with songlists, Fast Tracks(3rd favorite), SongList Generator(favorite), some other program which is a frontend to access(2nd Favorite). Fast Tracks is good if you want to show the disc ID's, Latishaw and the other both eliminate the disc id's and just prints the artist names and song titles.
I myself am moving away from paper songbooks anyway. I am going with Songlist terminals that can send the singer's request to the show host's computer.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I've been using KJPro for years and wouldn't use anything else. Let's you easily customize the songbooks and has an assortment of print out options. I don't think I'll ever do away with my paper songbooks as too many people like to sit at their table and browse through them.
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

At first I'll porbably hang on to maybe one book which I'll also use to get shows with by showing the owner that I have a good selection of songs. Which reminds me that I need to put a songbook together by september when I rent my original disc set out to a group that uses it for a retreat. They use a home karaoke setup to play the songs.