HDTV CD-G Video Problem

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
DJtrainwreck

HDTV CD-G Video Problem

Post by DJtrainwreck »

I'm hoping someone here can help me with a little problem. When I connect the video of my Numark KMX01 or KMX02 to my plasma HDTV, there are scrolling lines through the graphics. This does not happen when I connect it to an older tube TV. Is there a setting on the TV I should be changing? Everything on my mixer is set fine, at least as far as I know.

I found another person online who experienced the same problem: http://community.numark.com/numark/topi ... ool-19maq1

I called Numark today and they were unable to help me because this mixer is discontinued.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi there.

As usual, the first thing I'll say is;

INFORMATION, INFORMATION, INFORMATION.

What type of connection does your Numark have to the TV?

Is the Plasma a High Res unit?

Does your Numark paperwork tell you what the output type is, i,e, is it Composite, RGB or something else?

Given that you have tried two different Numark models with the same result, would tend to indicate it's the Numark that's the problem.

I've got to say that I'm not impressed with Numark, if all they have to say is they no longer support your older model. Pretty poor, IMHO.

Give us more information to work with.

Sandy.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi again.
I've had a look at the user manual for the KMX01 and to be honest, I'm seriously unimpressed with the information in it.

Further research shows that there are two video outputs (presumably one for each of the dual CD channels).

I'd have thought it would have been simpler to mix the two video channels together in the mixer and just have one output but what do I know?

Anyway, it seems the outputs are standard composite mode and should, in theory, just plug straight into the industry standard (in UK, anyway) yellow video in RCA socket on the TV's.

I can only assume your "strobe" issues are down to differences in your video output and the line frequency of your plasma TV's.

Since there's nothing you can do to alter the Numark video output(s), check the menu system of your TV's to see if there's any method to change the native resolution of the sets.

You might find there's a means to reduce the resolution down to standard TV levels and perhaps cure your problem.

I've got to say, however, that I've never had a problem with composite video.

Best of luck with the problem.

Sandy.
DJtrainwreck

Post by DJtrainwreck »

Sorry Sandy. I thought I had all the information you would need. You're right though from looking at the manual. It is the old standard composite output. Two go to the audio out, and the final one goes to my TV (Which is 1080p 600Hz).

I too imagine the output on the mixer is different than the frequency or some other spec on my TV. I've tried messing around in the menus but haven't found anything. I might give Samsung a call and see if they have any ideas. I have a vague memory of people with video games having to match up some setting when HDTVs first started coming out. Although I could be completely off with that.

And I would have to agree with you about Numark. I understand it's discontinued, but a little help would have been nice.

Thank you for your suggestions Sandy.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Have you tried placing an RF converter between the player and the TV and using the coaxial connection? I'm thinking the TV might handle the VHF signal differently.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

wiseguy wrote:Have you tried placing an RF converter between the player and the TV and using the coaxial connection? I'm thinking the TV might handle the VHF signal differently.
This is as good a suggestion as any, to be honest.

Sandy.
DJtrainwreck

Post by DJtrainwreck »

I haven't tried an RF converter. That's definitely something I can look into. Thanks for the suggestion!
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

You need a line coax filter (ground loop eliminator) something like these. Mine was pretty small.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/i ... oax+filter

This is similar to what I use...

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/33-8700

I have this on my audio...outs.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/50-14530

You can get these at Radio Shack I think...
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Depending on how long your cable run to the TV is...and how many TVs you use...you might need an RF Amplifier to boost the coax signal.