rsq neo-22 disc tray bug

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Domz_mtl

rsq neo-22 disc tray bug

Post by Domz_mtl »

Hi, i just bought a rsq neo-22. After enabling (unlocking) the dvd/usb features, the disc tray keeps closing and opening every 3 seconds. Because of this the machine is unable to do anything because if you try to play a song the opening and closing of the disc tray interrupts it. I've tried to put a karaoke cd, the factory defaut, nothing works! Please help
Thanks

Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

I know this will sound stupid and it may not work....but try unplugging and plugging the unit into the wall...do it at least 5 times...

I have a $500 printer that quit working...I plugged and unpluged it twice. After that I figured it was totally dead...so I bought a new $500 printer...After it came I did some research on the internet and found an article that said the printer needed to be plugged and unplugged 3 times...I plugged it in once more and it is still working...HP & all these other electronic firms have built in these tricks to get you to spend money you don't have to spend...Or to create repair business that doesn't require actual repairs...

From now on I will plug and unplug every electronic device at least 5 times to reset the internal brain....

Let us know if it helped... :D
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Domz_mtl

Post by Domz_mtl »

Thanks for the suggestion because sometimes the little things make a big difference, but unfortunately it didnt work. :( i unplug it 5 times then tried the player and another 5 more times when it didnt work. I was really looking forward of putting my karaoke on!
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Unplug all wires to any devices and then do the plug unplug..
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

DEFAULT:
Change back to factory setting.

Look in the manual page 15
Domz_mtl

Post by Domz_mtl »

Ok, so my player is connected to my tv by an hdmi cable. So i turn my machine off, disconnected the hdmi cable and un plugged the power cable 6 times. No luck. I tried the default restore as described in the owner's manual. No luck again
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Might I suggest you contact RSQ. They seem to be a helpful bunch.

If nothing else, they might suggest/supply a firmware uograde that might sort your machine out.

However, if the upgrade is installed via the disc, your described fault might well preclude this option.

Sandy.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I too have found RSQ to be very accommodating. They are better equipped to help you than anyone in these forums. It may just be that your machine is defective and needs replaced.
Domz_mtl

Post by Domz_mtl »

I sent an email to rsq this Saturday and awaiting a response. I will let you guys know the outcome. Thank you the wonderful support :)
Domz_mtl

Post by Domz_mtl »

After 1 month and a half i finally got my machine back from rsq. They fixed the problem free of cost. They truly have an outstanding customer support team. I rarely saw a manufacturer like this! Thank you everyone for the support!
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Thanks for the update. I'm glad RSQ was able to fix the problem.