editing lyrics problem

Anything that doesn't fit in another category.
steve747

editing lyrics problem

Post by steve747 »

Hello. I'm using Dart karaoke and I'm having trouble editing the lyrics or separating, for example, line 1 in half, it seems the whole line 1 will add itself to the sound file and I need to "split" the lyrics in time with the song. Also how do you tick the boxes? Thanks :?

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

To split the lyrics, simply split them in the text file before you open it in Dart.

Sandy.
steve747

Post by steve747 »

Hello. Thanks for your reply. I have the lyrics saved as a text file in note pad. Are you saying to split them there first?
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

steve747 wrote:Hello. Thanks for your reply. I have the lyrics saved as a text file in note pad. Are you saying to split them there first?
Yes!

Sandy.
steve747

Post by steve747 »

Hello Sandy, thanks for your reply. I know what you mean by splitting the lyrics first in note pad but I'm not sure exactly WHERE to to split them in the context of the song? Also when I try to move flags I get the following message "Cannot set flags at this position, labels are too dense"
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

I've only really "played" with Dart, simply to try it out but "where" to split the line of text is down to how YOU want the song to sound, i.e. it's your interpretation.

As to other issues, have you tried the Dart studio website. It's likely there will be a help section or forum, where detailed help can be found?

Just had a quick look and there's loads of info here;

http://www.dartpro.com/support/FAQ/KaraokeStudioFAQ.asp

Sandy.
steve747

Post by steve747 »

Thanks for the info. There is a lot of stuff there. I finally worked out how to set the lyrics to the audio and I was happy with it, thought I had it licked but when I clicked on the hat icon to generate a CDG track I got this message "All syllables must be set before using this function" Now I'm stumped again.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

Dart CDG is a confusing and buggy program. If you were using KHPro you would have been done with that song track long ago.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

The main issue I had with Dart was the vocal "killer" and I believe it's the same with most of them.

You can select the level of vocal removal you want but as you select higher levels, the audio quality gets worse and worse, 'till it just sounds "muddy".

The only "Pro" method is to get a proper vocal free audio track, then apply the lyrics.

Sandy.
CORVETTE

Post by CORVETTE »

if you are getting that message up then you havent flagged all the lyrics
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

wiseguy wrote:Dart CDG is a confusing and buggy program. If you were using KHPro you would have been done with that song track long ago.

you be better off with any of the other cdg creators like khpro, karaoke builer studio or powerkaraoke's cdg creator.
steve747

Post by steve747 »

Thanks for the good info. I should have mentioned that the track I'm trying to turn into a CDG already doesn't have any vocals. I got it from Amazon vocal free so all I have to do is add lyrics, which I've done now except for "All syllables must be set before using this function"
DanG2006

Post by DanG2006 »

steve747 wrote:Thanks for the good info. I should have mentioned that the track I'm trying to turn into a CDG already doesn't have any vocals. I got it from Amazon vocal free so all I have to do is add lyrics, which I've done now except for "All syllables must be set before using this function"
I have done that before. What I did was purchase the cover version(the one with the vocals in it) and the backing track from Karaoke Version when they didn't have the song in karaoke video format. If they have it in video format I choose the mp3+g version.
steve747

Post by steve747 »

Hello I think I am getting the "All syllables must be set before using this function" when I try to create a CDG. It may have something to do with the check boxes in the lyrics window. I am unable to check them after completing the addition of the lyrics. Some of the boxes are checked and others aren't. I can't uncheck or check any of them. I'll persevere with Dart for this song only and I'll think about using another program
CORVETTE

Post by CORVETTE »

you can check lyrics at any time. you may find if you have edited the lyrics and say added a comma, that this needs flagging. you need to check , that all lines ans letters etc are attached to a flag.
I havent used Dart for a while but hopefully you will get what i mean. Whilst i havent used Karaoke builder myself, my friend has made me several songs using it, and has found it to be superior to Dart