Samsung SH-224BB/BEBE compatible with CD+E(G)

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

It's actually pretty simple. If your burner is not recognized under either burning engine then it simply is not compatible with the program. No emulator is going to work because Power CD+G Burner will not recognize the emulator as a compatible drive.

Sandy is correct. You should join the Power Karaoke forum and ask the creators of the program for help. They will have you send them the process log created by the program to pinpoint the problem.

tdalton

Post by tdalton »

Okay, did some investigating and it looks like my DVD writer is not compatible. When I actually burned a disc I did it on my laptop and tried to play it on an older CD+G karaoke machine and it didn't work so I assumed disc was bad but from what I've read many of the older machines are not CDR compatible. So I will try again as I threw the last disc out. Now once I create a disc can I play it on my computer or is that when the ability to read CD+G discs would come into play I presume? Also besides slowing down the write time are there any other setting changes that will help ensure a good burn? Thanks.
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

It's true that some older CDG players do not support CD-R but those are rare. Make sure to never use CD-RW because very few karaoke machines support those.

In order to play a CDG disc on your computer you will need a CDG reading drive and the proper software. Besides writing speed the about the only other thing you can do is to use good quality CD-R media. I personally have the best luck with Verbatim discs.
tdalton

Post by tdalton »

SUCCESS! The only issue I have now is that the tracks did not burn in the order they were listed. Has anyone seen that issue?
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

tdalton wrote:SUCCESS! The only issue I have now is that the tracks did not burn in the order they were listed. Has anyone seen that issue?
I have never had that happen or even heard of that happening.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

tdalton wrote:SUCCESS! The only issue I have now is that the tracks did not burn in the order they were listed. Has anyone seen that issue?
Assuming you are using Power CD+G Burner, then you can adjust the playing order in the "Add files" window.

Like Wiseguy, I've never seen that issue before.

Sandy.
tdalton

Post by tdalton »

Thanks for the note. I will try again and see if it was a fluke or if the song order was just transcribed wrong on the disk label
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

tdalton wrote:Thanks for the note. I will try again and see if it was a fluke or if the song order was just transcribed wrong on the disk label
Aaaaah! More info.

I've found on numerous instances that the labels generated by burning software does NOT match the track order and this was caused by the MP3 Tag information not being correct, or more commonly, completely missing.

There are any number of MP3 Tag tools available as Freeware that will let you check the Tags and re-name them if needed.

This has always sorted out this issue for me.

Sandy.