Settings for mixer and other components

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Scott1970

Settings for mixer and other components

Post by Scott1970 »

Total newbie here :oops: , wanted to see if I could get some guidance on volume outputs on my components.

This is what I mean: I have a karaoke player, wireless mic receiver and powered speakers that have volume controls. So if I am running all of these into my mixer, what should the volumes on those components be set to? I realize that the mixer will ultimately control their volume output, but what would be ideal settings for these components?

Also, my karaoke player has a scoring function that scores your performance once the song is over. In order to use this, you need to have a microphone plugged into the player. Well now that I have a mixer, obviously I run my mics to my mixer. Just wanted to see if there is some way for me to rig this where this scoring function can still be utilized.

Thanks for any help!

mnementh

Post by mnementh »

OK, perhaps some contensious comments here but I'm sure I'll be corrected pretty quick by more knowledgeable members if I'm wrong.

Most contentious will probably be that if you're using your mixer as the primary controller, then basically the volume controls on the powered speakers are redundant.

Plug everything in and switch on, then turn the speaker volume controls to maximum and forget them. Just remember to turn them back down before you switch everything off after the gig.

Your Karaoke player and radio mike Rx should have paperwork that shows what the output levels are. Standard line output can be anything from 100mV for most players to 2V for CD players. Set your levels accordingly.

Most mixers have auxilliary outputs for Fx and such, so you could feed this signal into your Karaoke player for the scoring system. You will DEFINITELY need to check the Karaoke player manual for input level at that specific connection.

Best of luck.

Sandy.
How to Build a Home Karaoke System
Scott1970

Post by Scott1970 »

What would the input level on the mic inputs(on the player) need to be to be able to send the sound from the auxillary send on the mixer?
How to Build a Home Karaoke System