RSQ NK-2000u to VIZIO

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
greylinghunter1

RSQ NK-2000u to VIZIO

Post by greylinghunter1 »

I have a RSQ multi media player NK-2000U :( and I bought a VIZIO E422VA
I have tried every combo of hookup but can't get the video to com up on screen.
Any suggestions other than dumping the RSQ

wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I would think that you could connect them via composite video (single RCA cable - yellow connections).
greylinghunter1

tried that

tried that per the RSQ manual. there is also a PR PB hookup on the back of the TV and the RSQ. Of course I don't have that cable. I was trying what I could before a 120 mile round trip to the city
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi there,
thought I'd weigh in on this one.

First up, has the RSQ worked on another TV and if so, how did you have it hooked up?

Second, you need to isolate your problem to a particular item in your pathway.

You have three things to look at.

1)the RSQ if it worked before, then there's no reason to believe it suddenly hates your new TV and is in a huff.

2) your kook up cable. If you're trying a composite hook up, then it's a simple matter to buzz out the cable for continuity and insulation. You've done that, yes???

3) your shiny new TV. Have you tried hooking it up to something else using THE SAME CONNECTION METHOD AND CABLE. Try a DVD player; most have a composite output. If it doesn't work, try a cheap and cheerful DIFFERENT TV. If that works, your TV or a setting on it is stopping you getting video.

I checked the RSQ user manual and it recommends setting the Karaoke video output to 480i, the lowest setting for composite cable.

All you need to do is be methodical how you check your system and you'll get a result.

Have fun,
Sandy.
greylinghunter1

Thanks mnementh
Player worked fine on the old TV.
Cables tested out fine so I am thinking it is a TV setting.
Will try your other suggestions as soon as the black clouds over my head go away. I need to step away for a bit
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

greylinghunter1 wrote:Thanks mnementh
Player worked fine on the old TV.
Cables tested out fine so I am thinking it is a TV setting.
Will try your other suggestions as soon as the black clouds over my head go away. I need to step away for a bit
Often the best thing to do in a situation like this.

Sandy :roll:
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

I've had a look through the user manual for your TV and would make the following comments;

1) your TV makes use of the Green connector of the Component input, rather than having a dedicated Yellow Composite input connector.

2) you should select AV as your source, rather than Comp.

3) last resort here is that the manual states in every case you should switch off both source and TV and ONLY after connecting the two, switch back on.

Personally, I don't see how 3) above would have any bearing on the connection but it's worth a try.

Failing that, try emailing the support department of the TV manufacturer directly. You'd be surprised at how helpful they can be.

Sandy.
greylinghunter1

RSQ nightmare

Thanks to all that weighed in.
Even though the cables tested fine I drove to the city and bought new 4connector comp cables. That did not work.
went next door and borrowed a DVD player that had the same kind of "to the TV connections," it worked fine so that just leaves the RSQ player.
It is out or warranty so I am out of luck. it is 1 1/3 year old. time to look for a new player