EQUALIZER QUESTION

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Bigdog

EQUALIZER QUESTION

Post by Bigdog »

So is anyone using EQs and if so what type. I'm not seeing many companies that make 31 band eqs single rack space units...

I had an Alesis electronic one and it just crapped and I see they stopped making them...probably because they crap out.....

It there something new instead of eq units that I don't know about?

djBe

Post by djBe »

i find that for karaoke the master 7 band eq of my yamaha powered mixer and the individual channels 3 band eqs are more than sufficient. anything else is overkill. That said, if youve got the rack space and the inclination why not...
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083
Bigdog

Post by Bigdog »

Well since a new replacement isn't possible...I resorted to ebay and bought 3 old school Alesis eqs with the sliders...

My new challenge is setting up to feed HDMI tvs.....Starting a new job that has them. I bought a VGA to HDMI convertor and HDMI cables to feed the HDMI box the Name That Tune Guy hooked up.

Just as a side note...It seems like Name That Tune is becoming as popular or even more popular than karaoke....The give aways seems to be the attraction....Some bars are offering free drinks (which is illegal) and they are using beer rep trinkets..as prizes.....

The bar owners would never think of doing that for karaoke night... :roll:
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

It's amazing how many people will show up to win a beer can cozy or ball cap. I once had a Thursday gig where the bar owner would give the customers a drawing ticket every time they bought a bucket of beer (it was also bucket night). He would have me draw and call out a winner every half hour. The prizes were trinkets from the beer distributors. The place was packed every Thursday for over two years until the new highway came through and took out the building.

It's a shame that bar owners today have no interest in this type of thing.
djBe

Post by djBe »

Hmmm...who says it's the barowner who has to plan/provide prize promos? KJs can do it, too. A little PR with area businesses or even just hitting some fleamarkets or garage sales can yield prizes for nothing or damn near it. CDs, comics, jewlery, tshirts, caps...all easy to come by.
Visit my page on FB....Karaoke Karolina. Check out my store/studio/art gallery AXXTACY GUITARS & GEAR M-F 2PM-7PM, 5285 Main, Shallotte, NC. 910-795-9083
bamarama

Post by bamarama »

AS far as EQ, I have to give my two cents worth.

i only use the EQ on the vocals. I use this for feedback purposes only. i start everything midline and find where I get feedback levels and adjust from there.