DVG-777k model III microphone out of sync with music!

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
surfwax

DVG-777k model III microphone out of sync with music!

Post by surfwax »

I bought a DVG-777k model III so I can do some karaoke at home with mp3 files. I filled up a thumb drive and all was good, until I realized that my voice is delayed behind the music! This makes the unit worthless! I tried swapping my wireless with a wired mic with no luck. Does anyone know if this is a known issue and if there are any recommended workarounds? Anyone know if Vocopro will help me with this issue if I cannot come to a resolution? I bought it less than a year ago.

Mona Jamona

Post by Mona Jamona »

Try Calling them Toll Free Number To Speak To A Technician To Troubleshoot
1-800-678-5348. If you are connected to your home stereo system, that causes delay in the voice. Try connecting to a separate powered speaker.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Call me confused but don't you sing in sync with the displayed lyrics? Not the lyrics sync with you?

Assuming you sing when indicated by the onscreen lyrics, are you saying the output audio lags behind your vocals into the mike?

Realistically, this would need a delay line in the microphone channel.

Sandy.
surfwax

Post by surfwax »

Oh yeah, I wasn't reading fast enough! Thanks Sandy! Okay, j/k, I really could have explained this better. When I sing, speak, curse, burp, etc. into the microphone, I hear my voice come out of my television some milliseconds afterwards. It's definitely enough to muck up your singing. Also, I have the unit plugged into my TV only (composite), so I am not using an external stereo. I use this same composite input for other devices (Wii, DVD player) and do not have audio delay, so I believe the TV is not causing the delay. I'll try calling VocoPro if no one has any other suggestions. I wonder if they'll be willing to fix this or replace the unit.
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

This is stated in the manuel that I looked at on line:

4. Karaoke Mixed Output jacks (mic and music) - Connect to a mixer, amp, or TV audio inputs using two RCA
cables to output the music and microphone signal together.

There are 2 pairs of these in the centre of the back.
All other outputs are for Audio only not for mixing with the mike output.

So are you running rca out from these to your audio in of your TV or using some of the other output connections?
surfwax

Post by surfwax »

I am connected using the mixed output. I believe there would be no voice/mic audio at all if I was connected using one of the audio outputs that isn't mixed.
mnementh

Post by mnementh »

Hi guys,
I suspect the problem is in the 5.1 audio surround sound setup.

I re-checked the manual and nowhere does it actually mention "mixed" audio, even 'though the back panel shows "Mixed Out" at the audio outputs.

If you go to the "Audio Setup Menu" on page 24 of the manual, there is some explanation of the procedure to set the output as simple stereo, rather than 5.1 surround sound.

If all you want is stereo output, then turn OFF SPDIF and this will kill the 5.1 digital output.

First, however, assuming it's on as default, check the "speaker setup page" and set any delays to ZERO, if it'll let you.

Hopefully, this should sort out the problem.

Sandy.
surfwax

Post by surfwax »

I was not able to get rid of the delay. I tried disabling SPDIF and ensuring 5.1 was was not enabled (and that stereo was). I found some delay settings and ensured they were all set to zero, but still no luck. I even used the menu to set the whole device to default settings, but I still have delay. On top of that, I was clicking some buttons out of pure desperation and set the video to PAL. I tried to set it back in the same manner I set it to PAL, by hitting the N/P button on the remote, but it won't go back! I can't get video out of this thing! I hope VocoPro will replace this damned machine or let me return it for a refund. Ugh!
surfwax

Post by surfwax »

Resolved! First, the N/P button wasn't changing PAL to NTSC b/c hitting it once brings up the Video Mode menu, then hitting it in succession changes it to NTSC/PAL/Auto. I was only hitting the button once and waiting, so nothing ever changed. Good to go.

As for the audio delay, I called Vocopro and they were really great about helping me work this out. It turns out my television (1 year old Samsung LED SmartTV) is creating the delay. I found this out after the Vocopro tech asked me to connect the DVG-777k red/white RCA audio output to an external speaker instead of my TV. The delay went away. He explained that some TVs take the analog signal from red/white RCA, convert it to digital, then (of course) back to analog to send over the speakers. Crazy! I'm so happy b/c just a few ms of delay makes karaoke UNBEARABLE!!!

Thanks to all of you for sharing your suggestions and wisdom. Happy New Year!
wiseguy
Site Admin

Post by wiseguy »

I'm glad you got that resolved. And thank you for coming back here and sharing that information. It will undoubtedly help someone else in the future.