Help! Problem connecting VOCOPRO DVX 890K to Yamaha Receiver

Your comments, questions, or opinions on any karaoke related hardware.
Unlimited MP3+G Downloads
Rich168

Help! Problem connecting VOCOPRO DVX 890K to Yamaha Receiver

Post by Rich168 »

This is my first Home Theatre / Karaoke experience. The Mic have no sound. Not sure how to deal with the MIC & Music Out jack at the rear panel and how the RCA cables should be connected to the receiver. Your expertise highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rich168

Post by Rich168 »

Sorry the receiver model is
Yamaha RX V475
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

Are you running from the HDMI out of the Vocopro unit into your receiver ?

If so this might be why you are not hearing a mixed output from the Vocopro, it might be that with HDMI connected on your receiver the sound is only run through the HDMI and does not mix the mic vocals.

I would try disconnecting the HDMI lead from your Vocopro unit and connect an RCA video lead from the video out straight to a TV or monitor Video in.

Then just run the stereo pairs from the mixed output from the Vocopro to the AV 5 or 6 audio in of the receiver.
You then have to select the correct av 5 or 6 as the playback device from the receiver selector, you may also have to select the correct output from the remote of the Vocopro which looks like button 25 audio switch to switch to 2 channel out.
If you find after this that your video and audio and mikes are all working and in sync then you could try running the video lead into the video socket of the av 5 or 6 connection then connect your TV via the monitor out jack of the receiver.

I will add that it is not really recommended to use home surround systems for singing through mikes as it is quite possible to damage the speakers.
I would say a setup with active PA speakers would be preferable.
Rich168

Post by Rich168 »

Awesome your suggestions are very helpful. Managed to get the Mikes working but only with black & white video.

Have problem using the Vocopro remote and not able to follow your instruction. Too technical for me when you wrote " ..you may also have to select the correct output from the remote of the Vocopro which looks like button 25 audio switch to switch to 2 channel out.[no clue!] "
Thks again for the help.

Best

[/b]
mr.dj

Post by mr.dj »

I don't personally have either of these units, I can only refer to the online Manuel. In the manual the page # 17 that shows all the control lists button #25 the "Audio" selection button, I should think each press makes a different selection but if you say you now have the audio OK then leave it at that.

The black & white video could be you have the wrong video out connection or the wrong selection again from the remote control for video, in the manual it shows as button 24 marked as "V-Mode" you need to select P-Scan standard video.
The video out connector from the vocopro is marked video and is next to the S-video connector.
The reference Remote button # are on page 17 of the manuel.